Archived Portrait Studios closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target near me (not the one I work at) has the Food Ave with Pizza Hut, Optical, and the Portrait Studio. No idea what they would put there, it's recessed into the wall far enough that I can only see it used as an office possibly. What's the "official reason" Target's dumping it?

Speaking of pizza hut/Cafe I've heard some things about Target Cafe/Food avenue will be going away. Several stores close but not too close to me lost them. Basically a whole state worth

Honestly this needs to happen. They could give Starbucks more storage room, god knows they could use it.

Honestly this needs to happen. They could give Starbucks more storage room, god knows they could use it.
That's basically what the theory is, and what is happening in said stores. All heard from a vendor who worked in the affected stores. Starbucks takes the space, and becomes basically a full Starbucks, and if they weren't a warm food store, they would be now.

That's basically what the theory is, and what is happening in said stores. All heard from a vendor who worked in the affected stores. Starbucks takes the space, and becomes basically a full Starbucks, and if they weren't a warm food store, they would be now.

Okay yeah if we were able to be a full Starbucks that'd be frickin' awesome

The company who owns the portrait studio (LifeTouch) is going out of business. They're closing their spaces in JC Penny too.

Portrait and optical are not Target owned. They are leased space within the store. They follow some Target rules, we provide them with the space, utilities, and POS and they provide the rest. They used the optical model as part of the contract template for the CVS/Rx sale.

Some stores have a big open supply room up front, (most I've been in even refer to it as the "bank"), this was slated space for a bank (like WalMart has), but the national contract fell through before finalization, and left us with all this open space. Most stores store bags, CL candy, and Buck up there (at least in my area).

I imagine any remaining photo labs will be removed at some point to follow. My old store lost theirs 8 years ago when they remodeled to P-Fresh, but a few stores in my current district (including my own) still have them.

One of the ULV stores near me uses a 4 x 6 mop sink closet as their only FF hold space, when they have a photo lab that no one uses right next to it.

Just gut the lab, leave the Kiosk, and allocate that space to something that's actually giving you sales.

If we could hold all our liquor at Kodak our store would have so much less loss.

Speaking of pizza hut/Cafe I've heard some things about Target Cafe/Food avenue will be going away. Several stores close but not too close to me lost them. Basically a whole state worth
One of the stores I shop at in the Denver area when I am there had their cafe space turned into a liquor department. It was previously located in the grocery department. I have also heard of many stores having the cafe turned into a Starbucks. Our cafe is a joke, as it does not officially open until 10 am, but they do sell coffee to the mall walkers before then, but turn on the lights. Also, they often close it early if someone calls in. In addition, they will turn the lights off if there is no one to cover a 30.

One of the stores I shop at in the Denver area when I am there had their cafe space turned into a liquor department. It was previously located in the grocery department. I have also heard of many stores having the cafe turned into a Starbucks. Our cafe is a joke, as it does not officially open until 10 am, but they do sell coffee to the mall walkers before then, but turn on the lights. Also, they often close it early if someone calls in. In addition, they will turn the lights off if there is no one to cover a 30.

That won't work for other Targets in the area bc of state laws that cater to mom and pop liquor stores, meaning only 1 store in a chain can apply for a liquor license. So that is the *only* Target that can sell full-strength alcohol in the metropolitan area. Each grocery store chain has one flagship store that gets the privilege. All other stores are limited to 3.2 beer. If you go to Costco and Sam's Club, though, and expect to find a full liquor section ala California or Washington or most any other state, forget it.

Hard liquor can only be sold by state licensed liquor stores in my state. Beer, wine, and the diluted stuff is all most retailers can sell here.

That won't work for other Targets in the area bc of state laws that cater to mom and pop liquor stores, meaning only 1 store in a chain can apply for a liquor license. So that is the *only* Target that can sell full-strength alcohol in the metropolitan area. Each grocery store chain has one flagship store that gets the privilege. All other stores are limited to 3.2 beer. If you go to Costco and Sam's Club, though, and expect to find a full liquor section ala California or Washington or most any other state, forget it.

One downside to Target and grocery stores getting hard liquor is that the state stores had all the weird, regional stuff or they could order it for you. Now if you don't like the national stuff or had a favorite liquor from another state you are shit out of luck. They all stock exactly the same stuff. Exactly the same stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back