POS Supervisor Perms

Out of genuine curiosity. Is your store strict on who is considered a supervisor on the POS? Like at my store they basically just give it out like it’s nothing.

Who cares.... no one has time for a leader to be called to registers for every price challenge, coupon, etc.
And that's exactly how all of electronics gets numbers once you've been with us 5 months. Basically once you survive the 4th qtr cull you'll get numbers in late January.
Otherwise it's a 10 minute wait to snag a lead for price match.

What I’ve found is you can give everyone supervisor access, but STILL every cashier/ guest service person in my store will call me to ask me if it’s okay or to come fix it. So so so so so annoying.

I went on my meal yesterday and this girl that has been guest service trained for almost 2 years goes, “TL is still in the meeting. What do we do if we need help?” I said, “Just figure it out. Don’t need help.” They called the Style ETL minutes later.

One of my TMs went around giving super perms out like it was nothing. It boiled me blood it did. But I stopped worrying and learned to like it. Like most annoying things, brainwashing one's self is the solution.

Most of service desk and team members who have worked a long time should have supervisor perms in my opinion and I think the new system should do the same rank system. They need to make the new system faster it’s shit rn. It’s a really nice looking system and it’s easy to use but the service desk system needs to be complicated and advanced once they do it. It also needs to be really fast. They really should just make the old system look nicer and update the features and remove all the unnecessary buttons.

Most of service desk and team members who have worked a long time should have supervisor perms in my opinion and I think the new system should do the same rank system. They need to make the new system faster it’s shit rn. It’s a really nice looking system and it’s easy to use but the service desk system needs to be complicated and advanced once they do it. It also needs to be really fast. They really should just make the old system look nicer and update the features and remove all the unnecessary buttons.
Completely agree I feel as though there should be differences in the fundamentals of the cashiering app and the Guest Service one (when it comes out) a huge thing about the cashiering app is that it had delays when scanning. I say that if the only way to scan items is to use the hand scanner (like in electronics or GS) that there shouldn't be a delay. Especially when using things like scanning gift cards. I really do feel as though there really isn't much of a reason they're updating the GS one because I understand that guests (At least at my store) can see the screen and it looks VERY ugly don't get me wrong but at GS no one sees the screen except the TM.

Completely agree I feel as though there should be differences in the fundamentals of the cashiering app and the Guest Service one (when it comes out) a huge thing about the cashiering app is that it had delays when scanning. I say that if the only way to scan items is to use the hand scanner (like in electronics or GS) that there shouldn't be a delay. Especially when using things like scanning gift cards. I really do feel as though there really isn't much of a reason they're updating the GS one because I understand that guests (At least at my store) can see the screen and it looks VERY ugly don't get me wrong but at GS no one sees the screen except the TM.
Exactly and the system is perfect. Yes it looks complicated but it’s so easy once you understand it. The only feature that should be added is the wrong payment feature which voids the transaction and readds everything for more complex problems. Idk why they would get rid of the keyboard when every target has them. The keyboard are 10 times faster then the touch screen. It’s going to take so long with the touchscreen. The keyboard allows you to literally be a step ahead of the computer. Like I could press the buttons faster then the computer can process it but the computer is still able to catch up so fast. I could do like 7 returns in the time it takes to just sign into the new system and load the POS. That’s just sad and shows how slow the new system is. They don’t need all the registers to have the Starbucks app it will just slow the computer down and wastes space. Same with all the unnecessary apps they are a waste of space. Banking should also just have its own category on the 3 lines menu thing like a drop down of all the features instead of its own app. The POS should also automatically load whatever software that computer uses so like the main registers automatically load the POS instead of Home Screen.

The keyboard allows you to literally be a step ahead of the computer. Like I could press the buttons faster then the computer can process it but the computer is still able to catch up so fast. I could do like 7 returns in the time it takes to just sign into the new system and load the POS.
Lol I love doing a long chain of k buttons really fast and have it execute flawlessly.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m really scared for when they expect us to use the new system at GS, I can already tell stuff is going to take so much longer, and it is going to be more difficult to fix issues.

Yeah, I’m really scared for when they expect us to use the new system at GS, I can already tell stuff is going to take so much longer, and it is going to be more difficult to fix issues.
Yeah they cannot pull what they did for the lanes at GS. if youre rolling it out to GS, it needs to be able to do EVERYTHING old pos can and it needs to do it well

Yeah they cannot pull what they did for the lanes at GS. if youre rolling it out to GS, it needs to be able to do EVERYTHING old pos can and it needs to do it well
Exactly and there were so many flaws with the new system at the start. The pos system is a simple system compared to the gs system. It’s scaring me because I know targets gonna role out the system before it’s ready. Target needs to make the new system at the lanes perfect before they finish and roll out the new guest service system. The system also has to be instant like there can’t be a delay on the scanner. It also can’t take 2 minutes to just log into the register and open the POS system. We also aren't going to get any training on the new system and won’t get any notice when it’s going to switch. I just hope they test it at a store and actually work with a stores guest services on making it perfect before they send it to everyone.

I just hope they test it at a store and actually work with a stores guest services on making it perfect before they send it to everyone.
:: laughs in Corporate ::

myDay Comms tab has a comm that says GS New POS is rolling out to all stores in phases from now until October.

I want to say that anyone can be keyed as a supervisor in POS but know it can be strongly tracked if you start heavily discounting stuff.

Back