Archived Possible to be a TL without open availability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unavailable Sundays and I know TLs are required to work every other weekend. Is it possible for them to work around this or is it an auto no?

Pretty much a no go at my store. Perhaps for a limited time.

Almost definitely no, at least in my district. Target is big on scheduling to the needs of the business, and Sundays are often big days for stores. I wouldn't hire a TM who couldn't work Sundays, let alone a TL, especially because as was already mentioned it wouldn't be fair to other TLs.

Usually a bog no no, but i guess depending on the reasoning. You may just have to work every saturday as was mentioned above.

Depends heavily on the store. One of our GSTL's is a college student, so he pretty much has a set schedule. He has class 3 times a week, 2 of them are his day off and the always closes on the third. One of the SLTL's also has a limited availability.

It is certainly possible to have limited availability as a TL. Several do in my store, hell, the STL won't work Thursday nights during the winter because he volunteers as a ski instructor.

However, I believe limiting your availability on Friday nights and the weekends is non-negotiable as business needs dictate that supervisors need to be available during peak shopping times.

I never work Sunday morning as a Sr TL. I also have off every Tuesday and Thursday for School with only Friday being fully open. I do work every weekend but in the end, I always know what is going on!

My TL only opens (even on the weekends), but she has a kid at home and her husband works full-time too (I'm assuming 2nd shift).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back