Archived Possibly a new GSA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly new to Target; my 90 day probation ended Jan 9th. I am a cashier, and I have been cross trained and authorized in guest services. My GSTLs occasionally will send me to help out on the sales floor, or to help in softlines if those work centers need a TM. Yesterday, one of my GSTLs pulled me aside and asked if i would be interested in becoming GSA. He told me that he feels like I would do a great job because I have taken my job so seriously and can always be counted on.

My question is, what is in store for me if I do become a GSA?

Update: today HR asked me if I was interested in GSA. It seems like the word is getting around.

Also, my other GSTL pulled me aside tonight and asked if I am interested in Starbucks!

GSAs are expected to cross train in Starbucks/Food Ave/Service Desk. They perform tasks similar to your GSTL (change, lane lights, carts, strays, breaks, returns etc) without the leadership responsibilities.

It really does sound like you are doing quite well. Keep up the good work.

If I were you, I would try to go to Starbucks full time instead of tackling the GSA position. The GSA spot is a graveyard for promising team members where you are overworked, underpaid and continuously take more and more of the GSTL's responsibilities without a pay increase for the extra workload. Starbucks makes the same amount as GSA, is a much easier workload and is generally left alone by the ETLs when it comes to meddling. You can even take your Starbucks experience to get a job at a real Starbucks which pays more while giving health insurance and benefits.

Depends on the store and district I would say. Being a GSA in our district or a brand attendant somewhere on the sales floor is a sure way to get on the bench to be a TL.

A few GSAs at my store moved up to GSTL.
I didn't happen to be one of them but, yeh, it's possible.

I disagree with the negative comments about becoming a GSA. I became a GSA and after 6 months, I was placed on TL Bench and now I've been on boarded as the newest GSTL! Yes, I only received a $1 increase after moving up from cashier to GSA, but it opened up loads of opportunity. Take your job seriously. I was one out of two GSAs. The other GSA has been in that position for 2 years, with no sign of promotion. 3 other GSAs have been promoted to TLs and she's still a GSA. Congratulations on being recognized for your awesomeness!

Ramos92, the one thing you will find after hanging out here a while is that EVERY store is different.

There are some stores that are run well and provide the opportunities you describe.
The fact is I have read far too many peoples accounts of other stores where that just isn't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back