Pre-thanksgiving breakroom food

Did anyone elses store not provide food in breakroom this year vefore thanksgiving? All we got was qmos fruit, mainly afew bags of cuties and apples. Which hasnt happened in over 20 years. Hell not even pb and j's or grilled cheese.
Have to say, its a downer.

Fruit yesterday. There's bread as usual everyday today, and cheese in the fridge. Nothing special

We had pizza today, plus there's different stuff being brought in all through the weekend, including Cyber Monday. My store had a rough couple of years a while back, but this year, they're feeding us pretty well. At least that's the plan. And we've had PB & J available all month for Peanut Butter Lover's Month or whatever it's been.
Didn't realize that my store is better than some on this issue.

No food today but on Th, Fri, & Sat we will. Not sure what it is though. Last year it was pizza, Olive garden, and a catered buffet.

It's always subs (Firehouse tomorrow) and Chick-fil-A when we do get it. I'm a finicky eater so very rarely do I get to enjoy the food bought for us (don't eat meat, I'm basically a carb addict 😄). I've been here a year and a half and I think we've only gotten pizza once, like it's not allowed in our building.

Or, because our HR person lives on the other side of town, it's stuff from places they pass on their way to work. But when ordered for our store, it's cold by the time it gets here, so if you don't get it and microwave it immediately on your break, it's straight-up inedible. It's a shame, because the places are good, but not under these circumstances.

Our store manager and hr folks (at the store on Neptune) pre Thanksgiving and Christmas time always provided good stuff. Hoagies, pizza, chinese, chick-fil-a and pbj, snacks etc. Most of us on flow weren't picky, some nice strawberry preserves on a cracker was cool!

I just got the lowdown tonight. Jamaican food tomorrow mon. Caribbean food Friday. Chipotle Saturday. And sandwiches Sunday.

We had our potluck today. We're a Super so we had a turkey and a ham cooked on site, provided by the company as well as drinks and lots of bakery cookies. Other meats, veggie sides and desserts were homemade by our team members. It was SO good. I'm working the next 7 days straight, will see what we have Thurs and Fri.
I love potlucks. This one team member makes the best Mac and cheese. The best Jerry! Sorry, I had to sneak in a Seinfeld reference lol

We got cereal for the folks who came in early (super happy about that) and pizza, which they had delivered at 10:30 and 3 other times throughout the day. We have stuff planned through Sunday.

I never touch anything provided by the store or other people. Total germaphobe. I won't be eating most of what's served for Thanksgiving with my family either. I'm really weird about food.

Several years back my store kept us fed for an entire week. Not anymore. Now, since the Thanksgiving the entire backroom/fulfillment team got left out, I just go in hoping they'll actually remember the dayside crew.

Last edited:
Several years back my store kept us fed for an entire week. Not anymore. Now, since the Thanksgiving the entire backroom/fulfillment team got left out, I just go in hoping they'll actually remember the dayside crew.

Yeah, as a fulfillment worker before the store opens, I'm expecting nothing today, and that they'll save it for the people working when the store is open. As I said above, I probably won't like anything they give us, but I feel bad for my fellow morning TMs.

Back