Pre-thanksgiving breakroom food

I still remember the year an old HR did make your own grilled cheese sandwhich for black thursdsy. So. Much. Rage. No food for our prep team today not holding my breath for tomorrow

I feel sorry for the stores who don't get a thing. The money is there and your upper management is failing you. We had pizza and we have a sign posted with what to expect Thanksgiving through the weekend. During the week we also have PB&J and on some days we will have lunchmeats. They also alternate chips, cookies, fruit, and drinks.

Found out today we are getting make your own subs, deli meat from the floor and meatballs in the crockpot. Yum. Tomorrow it will be BBQ. Im excited. I live for food in the breakroom

It’s horrible that your stores aren’t taking better care of you guys. 😕

We had a huge Bob Evans breakfast spread for the fulfillment team this morning. Mexican tonight, subs tomorrow, GOOD pizzas Saturday, soup on Sunday, something for cyber Monday but that hasn’t been decided yet..

My ETL tried to tone it down and I told him we’re sitting on a healthy budget after being frugal all year. When I showed them numbers the tone of the conversation changed lol. Thankfully the exempts still my store have never used the PCard to buy their own meals.

Taco bar at 5pm today the rest of us got "Air Sandwiches" cause we were promised sandwiches but got nothing but air. And not allowed to leave but no food. They were so filling! Those of us who did all the set up and worked 10-12hr shifts picking and packing SFS got nothing.. I was lucky I was able to buy something and split it with one of my TMates who didn't have any money and was counting on there being food(he has issues if you understand) so for him that would have been a good meal which he doesn't get a lot of. I was so angry and I am still angry.

And best part? No ETL's at all in the building except for the GM ETL who was here part of the night and punched me in this morning. So no one to even try to figure out if someone fucked up.

QMOSing food from the floor or Cafe and putting it in the breakroom is considered stealing.

Management can requisition goods for TM morale.

This year what has happened/is posted to occur is: fast food tex-mex, subs, breakfast, & pizza. Also tl/etl will open a register for break/lunch purchases since we can't leave.

Dayside started asking what the deal was since they had the sign up saying to enjoy a meal during our breaks. So halfway through my break, as an afterthought, they req'd out chips, cookies, and pb&j. Night teams got the catering.

Grateful for the pb&j, despite being an afterthought, sure. But if they would have at least told us dayside wasn't getting anything then we could have done a potluck or something.

Last edited:
Wednesday was craptastic Papa John's pizza. WORST. PIZZA. EVER.
Thursday was Jason's Deli trays, chips and pickles. Jason's is five minutes away so the food is always fresh.
Today is Slim Chicken and Saturday is On the Border.

Eh Papa John’s isn’t so bad when it comes to fast food pizza.

I’d never buy it willingly though, I’m in New York, there’s great pizza within walking distance everywhere you go.

Dayside started asking what the deal was since they had the sign up saying to enjoy a meal during our breaks. So halfway through my break, as an afterthought, they req'd out chips, cookies, and pb&j. Night teams got the catering.

Grateful for the pb&j, despite being an afterthought, sure. But if they would have at least told us dayside wasn't getting anything then we could have done a potluck or something.

Today we got some pastries from Panera for all the early morning people, and panda express showed up as I was walking out. I have figured out a pattern, the good food shows up when the ETL's roll in for the afternoon/closing shift..

Our store provided a full catered thanksgiving meal.... at 10am that was left out all day. And some sandwiches from Togo’s at 5. Super fun for those of us who came in at 9. Several people got sick from eating the left out food.

Taco bar at 5pm today the rest of us got "Air Sandwiches" cause we were promised sandwiches but got nothing but air. And not allowed to leave but no food. They were so filling! Those of us who did all the set up and worked 10-12hr shifts picking and packing SFS got nothing.. I was lucky I was able to buy something and split it with one of my TMates who didn't have any money and was counting on there being food(he has issues if you understand) so for him that would have been a good meal which he doesn't get a lot of. I was so angry and I am still angry.

And best part? No ETL's at all in the building except for the GM ETL who was here part of the night and punched me in this morning. So no one to even try to figure out if someone fucked up.

The update to this? The sandwiches were in one of the coolers the entire time. HR didn't email the leads who were actually in the building. So the openers for 5pm got our food and the full taco bar..

Chinese was a secret "Wednesday-prep-team" meal.

Thursday we got subs.

Friday was chicken from a local place.

It's been different from year to year - sometimes full out dinners - sometimes sandwich boxes from Jimmy John's or the like...

Back