Archived Pretty sure it's time to move on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an opportunity to take a job with similar pay to my current one as a Sales Floor TM, but with a more flexible schedule and eight-hour shifts. From what I'm seeing on these three MyTime schedules we've had, five-hour shifts are all I can get now without a little help from my ETL, and as a college student trying to save up during the summer, I could use all the 40 hour weeks I can get. And during the semester, I'm not sure that 15-hour weeks are going to cut it for the three days I am consistently available.

I guess the best question is - Is MyTime here to stay? If I thought I would see 40 hours a week ever again this summer and after I graduate in December, I'd be willing to try and stick it out.

I dunno, just rambling. Picked up a close last night and came in super early this morning, and I'm feeling bad for my ETL/TL because I generally feel appreciated at work and while I know I don't owe them employment, I know it sucks to have folks leave.

Take it. My time will not give you the hrs you want. Do you want to scramble every week for hrs?

MAX was in use for 10 years. Mytime is not going away. I'd encourage you to take the other position if it suits your needs better. Spot looks out for it's own interests, you need to look out for yours.

I'd take the other job. Since you're on the fence about it is it possible to give two weeks notice? Any good lead would be happy you're going to a better situation even if it personally sucks for them to lose a good worker.

I'd take the other job, too. Do you think that (after you're settled in and adjusted) you'll be happier with your new job or happier with target?

Yeah, I put in my notice and after the schedule that went up today is gone, I'll be elsewhere.

I'll probably lurk around these forums from time to time, but thank you all for making a neat resource (it helped when I was getting started) and for helping me figure out how other stores worked (better than mine :p ).

Good luck out in the world.

Congratulations on getting free.

Don't be a stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back