Archived Price Accuracy Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
The past few weeks we've been getting a lot of items that, when you scan them to put them in the proper carts, we get the message of "Give to Price Accuracy" Sometimes the items are still available in the store.

It kind of seems like there's a specific program that automatically runs and kicks out clearance items after they reach 70%.

again.....any thoughts or ideas?

This is really getting to be a pain because our price accuracy bin is as full as our paid and left bins are.

Your PATL should be collecting those items during the day, if not by day's end.
Often it's items that have gone clearance, the location has been reset with a new POG & the items are now orphans looking for a new home. PA needs to make sure they're at the correct current price & take them to the appropriate depts so they can put them on an EC with other clearance.

^This

Partner with your PATL and let him/her know that you've got a lot of PA stuff. Otherwise your CA can bring it back with defectives @ night - there should be a Price Change Pallet which the PA tm's will take care of it if you place it there.

Alright, so I've really been working on the intricacies of smartsort for the past few months. There are two things which you're talking about: Price Accuracy box and Box F. There are always things that don't fit the mold, but this is what I've come to understand:

Price Accuracy will be everything that doesn't have a UPC tied to a DPCI. This is especially true for things that come in packs and the individual items have barcodes. Perrier, for instance, comes in 6 packs. The packaging that keeps the 6 pack together has a UPC tied to a DPCI. The individual bottles, when scanned, will always sort to Price Accuracy because the UPC on the individual bottles aren't tied to the 6 pack DPCI. Anything that the system doesn't know what to do with, it'll pretty much send to PA. Your PA team should be using the "SIM" application (single item markdown) to find similar departments/classes to assign the item a selling price tied to that specific UPC.

Box F. Ahh, the red headed step child of smart sort. Nobody really cares about it. Hell, nobody really knows why it's even there! Officially, that bin is supposed to be the location of anything not on file or not on planogram. A lot of stuff in here will (eventually) become non-carry forward or d-code. You'll get some video games which drop off a POG after a revision, flex merchandise from dept 234 (see spot save) and things of that nature.

When your smartsort isn't setup correctly, you'll also get the "Sort with like items" message, if not PA/box F. I would keep track of what specifically is coming up "Give to PA" because you might be able to figure out a trend or a certain department always going there. It could be something as simple as smart sort not being setup correctly, upc/dpci issue, or something else.

If your PA team isn't taking care of the bin, let the TL know! If they have a busy workload, offer to help work out what you can from the bin. If you can mark down 75% of the items in there, leaving only a few, your TL will be more than willing to come and grab the few things left! It's a great task for a bored SDTM to work on, especially if they love learning new things.

Last edited:
Also, a lot of the time PA items actually aren't PA - the UPC is just 'broken'. You can try and search for the item in the PDA to get a DPCI and then make a new barcod for it. When sorting all them out I find about 60% of our items falling under that category.

Box F. Ahh, the red headed step child of smart sort. Nobody really cares about it. Hell, nobody really knows why it's even there! Officially, that bin is supposed to be the location of anything not on file or not on planogram. A lot of stuff in here will (eventually) become non-carry forward or d-code. You'll get some video games which drop off a POG after a revision, flex merchandise from dept 234 (see spot save) and things of that nature.

Anytime I come across NOP merchandise that's still active, I just give it to someone in the backroom to backstock. If it's no longer active but not yet clearance, I give it to a TL or LOD because I never know what to do with it.

One thing I've noticed about Box F merchandise is that you can't print a barcode label for it from the service desk register; you have to use a PDA instead. Also, my store keeps NOF items in a separate bin away from the NOP items. Our Pricing TL recently ranted about Guest Service TMs putting NOP in the NOF bin because it "wastes their time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back