Archived Price Accuracy Procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love some insight as to how pricing works at other stores. I'm just a backup for this area, but constantly have to stay late to finish the days work load when I'm in pricing. Do you have a TL divide up who does what or the TMs do it on their own? What is backroom's role?

asants- However, at my store IF the backroom team is backed up and the price change load ( for backstock) is very light ( like 10 dpcis and under) the pricing team will just go ahead and pull it . Other than that they will let our srtl log know that the pricing workload for backstock is heavy and he will let someone ( at some point ) break off and pull it . As for how the rest of pricing works I am not sure.I do know that at my store...the plano/pricing tl is very involved. She always lets the etl log know the work load for the day and has a plan in place if shes off that day etc.

Backroom pulls it in our store. TL decides where team is working. If they get behind other trained TM will help. Receiver will sometimes help with actual pricing of BR pull. (just to get it out of their way)

I think I already see where our stores main problems lie. There is NO TL involvement in price accuracy at my store whatsoever. The TMs have been there so long, they handle everything. But this seems like an issue.

I think I already see where our stores main problems lie. There is NO TL involvement in price accuracy at my store whatsoever. The TMs have been there so long, they handle everything. But this seems like an issue.

Yep they might handle it fine but sometimes you need help and they as regular TM's can't pull people to help when they get in the weeds.

Yep they might handle it fine but sometimes you need help and they as regular TM's can't pull people to help when they get in the weeds.
True, but no one ever gets pulled to help. If only the 2 regular folks are scheduled, they stay until the workload is done. Myself and two others are the backups but only if we're scheduled for pricing.

Our pricing TM runs things fine on their own and lets the ETL know in advance what the workload is like and if they will need extra help. If there is extra help scheduled, the regular pricing TM tells everyone what they need to be doing.

I am on the pricing team and the batches are pulled for us and ready by the BR team members. We have our own spot in the backroom for them to put our things.

Oh dear wear do I start?!! I'm TL Elect, Toys and Price Change. At my store virtually no one knows or cares about PC but the 3 tms we have. 1 is full time and 2 part time with one of them working only at night. My ETL is very young, very nice, but very clueless. I have just taken over PC after the team having no leader for over 3 years. We are consistently behind on our workload. I tell my ETL how our workload looks like and how many hours we need. I give them a list of people that I know who is interested in PC and want hours. Do they get scheduled? No. No one cares, and our back room workload is a mess. I am consistently spending 8 hour shifts ticketing in the back room because my 3 PC tms are struggling to finish the floor. They ask for help, no one cares. I ask for help, no one cares. My ETL cares but has literally no idea what she's doing. I just have no idea what else I can do to make this team successful. #Rant

Last edited:
I am consistently spending 8 hour shifts ticketing in the back room because my 3 PC tms are struggling to finish the floor.
I have never seen a TL work price change EVER. Rarely do they even ask how price change is doing. I agree with what HLM said; there's something wrong with the scheduling. Idk your store volume but i am at a high volume and there are always at least 2 TMs working full 8-hour shifts each. More often than not its 3.

I have never seen a TL work price change EVER. Rarely do they even ask how price change is doing. I agree with what HLM said; there's something wrong with the scheduling. Idk your store volume but i am at a high volume and there are always at least 2 TMs working full 8-hour shifts each. More often than not its 3.

That'd be great if my price change team didn't get pulled to work in every goddamn work center in the store. Cashiering? Zoning? Abandons? Pushing truck? Yeah sure grab the entire PC team every single time.

Oh there's 2 PC TMs and there's over 4k in the gun and they're behind from yesterday? Whatever, not my department, not my problem. Also pull your own batches, since our backroom team hasn't come clean from a truck in over a year now. What do you mean you need a PDT? Greedy!

That's generally what happens in my store. They are expected to help with our huddle projects no matter what the workload looks like, sometimes even multiple huddle projects throughout the day.

My ETL is learning now that we need more people. The problem is now we are trying to find more people when we are already way behind from not properly scheduling in the first place. On top of this my stl only seems to care about ticketing the backroom vehicles. He would rather have the team ticket the back so we can fill up our clearance ends than have the product on he floor ticketed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back