Archived Price Accuracy Tasks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if someone could briefly tell me the normal tasks of a price accuracy tm or point me to a thread about it. I was just wondering because I can't for the life of me figure out anything our 2 team members actually do. Our backroom day tm pulls the price change batches the night before, our receiving person changes prices to clearance, and a salesfloor tm pushes clearance. All I see the 2 doing is standing in a stationary spot with their cart and pressing buttons on their pda. Occasionally they will move to an aisle and scan a few items, but they don't have a printer so they aren't clearancing it or making new labels so I just don't know what they are doing except for getting in my way by blocking my path while we are bowling out truck pickups. Any help would be great.

Well I dont know what they are doing at your store ... but at my store we are responsible for changing labels (when the price of something goes up/down) and marking down clearance. Sometimes the clearance portion can take all day, depending on the workload. Yes, the backroom TM pulls the batch the night before, and the pricing TM is responsible for marking the items down the next day. The PDA is an essential function for price change as that is where it tells you what aisles have new labels and what items need to be marked. When you see them standing they are probably looking through the gun seeing what needs to be done, or clearing out items they couldnt find, etc. If at your store the receiving person does clearance then it doesnt make sense why you even have a pricing team though? lol

If they're only scanning/activating yellow labels, that could be done w/o a printer.
Only time a printer is necessary is for firsts, furthers & finals (& any missed markdowns).

When you see them standing they are probably looking through the gun seeing what needs to be done, or clearing out items they couldnt find, etc.

They would still need a printer to do what needs to be done.

Not if they are activating things. Like negatives and zeroes, or who knows they may just activate everything. And as redeye said, they don't need a printer to activate labels. If they never have a printer as OP says and someone else is doing the firsts, furthers, and finals, then i dont see why they even have a pricing team

I was just wondering if someone could briefly tell me the normal tasks of a price accuracy tm or point me to a thread about it. I was just wondering because I can't for the life of me figure out anything our 2 team members actually do. Our backroom day tm pulls the price change batches the night before, our receiving person changes prices to clearance, and a salesfloor tm pushes clearance. All I see the 2 doing is standing in a stationary spot with their cart and pressing buttons on their pda. Occasionally they will move to an aisle and scan a few items, but they don't have a printer so they aren't clearancing it or making new labels so I just don't know what they are doing except for getting in my way by blocking my path while we are bowling out truck pickups. Any help would be great.

• The Price team marks the First, Furthers, Finals on the floor in different hardlines and softlines departments each day and on the respective endcaps. (requires a printer)
  • They also change labels of a couple hundred items each day. Usually whatever was Comp Shopped but not always. It could be a mistake being corrected or a manufacturer price increase/decrease. (doesn't require a printer unless the price of an item is marked on the actual item)
  • They then head to the backroom and mark whatever the backroom has pulled for them that went clearance and stage it to be pushed.
  • Whatever is left over in the gun they should be double checking that its not anywhere on the floor and then activating it if they can't find it.

It seems like your stores receiving team member is marking their pull.. which I've never seen done. Are they actually printing the stickers and putting them on each item for price accuracy? They really shouldn't be doing that until after the Pricing TM has scanned in on the floor anyway.. Everything else you said lines up like every store I've been to. You are seeing them in the morning.. they really should be doing Softlines first. It keeps Price Accuracy and Flow from being in each others way..

It sounds like you're on flow. At our store, we try to complete labels (regular price changes/non-clearance) before the store opens as much as possible - especially in food areas where there are lots of changes and those 4 cents seem to really matter to guests. None of that requires printers, but is still important. The walmart down the road is charging 4 cents less for their yogurt? Expect the PC team to be standing there playing with their PDAs for a while. It's a complicated system that few understand.

our receiving person changes prices to clearance
I'm pretty sure that you are talking about those weird days when backroom workload contains 6-7-8...(you count them) flats and bunch of people are pulled out from their work centers to help pricing team to complete price changes on time.

Last edited:
When you are updating labels do you create batches to print 3x5's? We are always having to print our own 3x5's and 7x11's in SuperTarget produce.

There is 3x5 rolls of paper you can stick in the portable printer to make signs so you don't have to make a batch. We do it in shoes every week... They should be changing them if they are the ones changing the price. Make sure your ad takedown team isn't ripping out signs along with the paper as well.

There is 3x5 rolls of paper you can stick in the portable printer to make signs so you don't have to make a batch. We do it in shoes every week... They should be changing them if they are the ones changing the price. Make sure your ad takedown team isn't ripping out signs along with the paper as well.
Huh? I've never seen or heard of that but it sounds awesome.
I hate it when shelf labels come out with the signs. I suspect that's why we end up with so many missing labels.

But the 3x5s the portable printer produces look terrible, at least at my store, a little bit smeared and the shiny paper looks ugly.

But the 3x5s the portable printer produces look terrible, at least at my store, a little bit smeared and the shiny paper looks ugly.

Yes, they do look ugly:) but at least the price is there and then your brand tm or TL could replace signs bi-weekly or monthly.. my signs don't change that often to warrant doing it other than monthly.. but you are a super and we are just p fresh

Last edited:
Huh? I've never seen or heard of that but it sounds awesome.
I hate it when shelf labels come out with the signs. I suspect that's why we end up with so many missing labels.

I can take a picture and maybe get an order number if you want?

Last edited:
I've often wondered where that shiny smeared paper comes from. It does look terrible and quite outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back