Archived Price Accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRT

Hi, I just got promoted to PATL. At the store that they sent me to train, I was told that in order to get the amount of hours for any given day, you have get the workload total from WB and then divide it by 120 (100-120 is the amount of tickets a TM should process an hour). By doing so, the TL that trained me was rather accurate in regards of calculating hours and scheduling. However, when I took over the position at my store my ETL told me that I had to divide the workload by 140. The problem with this is that, in a 5000 ticket workload day they give 35hrs to complete it vs 41hrs that I should get by dividing it by 120. On top of that they want me to save hours. My ETL gave me a bogus explanation that my team needed to be more productive and that at the other store everything was "under control". Does anybody know anything in regards this productivity issue?

Thanks in advance!!!

P.S. Any other tip regarding P.A.that you can give me I would greatly appreciate it

Congrats on the Promotion, I think there are three or four active Pricing Team Leaders here. Me, being one of them. Pricing Master, is also pretty active. As far as your question in your post. Scheduling for a workload has many factors. Yes, you can do the whole "average tickets per Team Member" calculations approach, but it really, honestly all depends on your teams abilities. I have a pretty seasoned Team and even though they are quick it depends on the area and the zone and man other factors. For instance, Scanning Ready to wear is going to be much different than scanning shoes, at least in my store, since shoes gets trashed every night. I think the whole average tickets per hour is a good base but shouldn't be the sole factor! Starting this week, i'm going to average 50 hours a week! ugh.... Hate fourth quarter pricing hours.....

Feel free to ask all the questions you want! Thats what makes this forum so great!

Different areas are going to take longer. I can spend an entire shift (or most of it) in Stationary doing markdowns, especially when there's a transition (just happened this week) which can lead to 1450 ticket eaches alone and not zoned properly. That is probably one of the worst areas in my store to ticket since it is never zoned, particularly the scrap booking area.
During 4th Quarter, Toys is going to be the big one, and if I read my forecast correctly, in 2 weeks Toys starts to get heavier in markdowns...in my store.

Congrats on the promotion to PATL as it is one position in which you news to be strong in EVERY aspect of the Leadership Expectations. The best advice I can give you is have a strong business relationship with not just your ETL but also your STL this way when you need additional hours to complete the workload, you feel comfortable talking to your STL about it and he involved in making your team's schedule. Have strong partnerships with all of the TLs, especially the Presentation TL (have a weekly meeting with the PTL so that the two of you can plan accordingly so you're not doing markdowns while they are trying to set transitions) and the Instocks/Backroom TL to ensure that PTMs are shot, pulled, and pushed (if items that are taking a markdown are sitting in a PTM batch still needing to be pulled, those items will NOT drop into the clearance workload to be pulled since it is already in a batch). Respect other TLs and their areas and when they have clearance in the back needing to be pushed, try to have it separated by areas so that it us easier to be pushed, and communicate that there's clearance ready to be pushed to the TL of that area as well as the LOD. When there are massive markdowns due to transitions, collaborate with the TLs to create a clearance valley for all of the clearance for that area to be pushed and signed properly. At the end of your shift, send out a recap email to the executive staff and TLs where you worked markdowns and if there is any clearance in the backroom needing to be pushed. Also in the email, mention what areas will be marked the following day (if lucky the closing LOD will get you a good zone in those areas) and your strategy to complete your workload.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

I do agree with you on the zoning part. At least in my store this is the greatest opportunity we have right now(besides TM retention). I don't know why but every morning there is an average of 15-20 shopping carts of foreign/stray mdse. We all have to Jump in and work it out, and on Wednesdays and Fridays, We have to work the FDC truck, plus the huddles are very time consuming for my work center .
I do have a strong bussiness relationship with the ETLs/STL and the leadership team, but We are in a "saving-hours-mode" right now and the allocation of hours is based mostly on the workload report/140.

Thanks to all of you for your help!!!

Your etl-hr will take every chance to cut hours from all areas. They expect a great zone & no reshop left at my store. It just one vicious circle, affects guests & the team morale almost every day.

ensure that PTMs are shot, pulled, and pushed (if items that are taking a markdown are sitting in a PTM batch still needing to be pulled, those items will NOT drop into the clearance workload to be pulled since it is already in a batch).

Hmm... is that really true? If so I think I understand why are pricing score is red YTD :)

Yes, it is true. I would partner with instocks about getting PTMs out before the markdown day, and pull up PTMs at a Glance report to follow up that PTMs are being completed.

Hmm... is that really true? If so I think I understand why are pricing score is red YTD :)

Yep! It's true... Had this issue at my store. If an item is sitting in any batch it will not come out in a price change. I am trying to figure out why Discontinued merchandise that is going clearance is coming out on a priority pull..... ugh... I hate our System....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back