Price Increases

How well is your store keeping price tags updated with price hikes?

• Excellent - our pricing team is focused and spot-on

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Reasonably good - there's often not enough time and TM

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Not so good - many price tags don't get changed until enough guests complain

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
I don't know who is officially tasked with pricing accuracy in our store. As a guest advocate, I'm seeing a distressing number of inaccurate price tags. On my lunch, I'll sometimes stroll over to see for myself. In my own shopping, I'm finding a lot of incorrect price tags. Inflation is driving prices up. Is your store having trouble keeping up with the changes?

It's so aggravating to make a single label now. I have to have a mydevice, a hip printer and a roll of shelf labels. As far as I can tell you can't just add labels in a batch anymore to print from the signing room. I spent 20 minutes tracking down working equipment and labels the other day just to change a single label. It's ridiculous.

In grocery it's impossible to keep up. One week it's $2.10 buns next it's $2.15 then the following week $1.98 😑

It's so aggravating to make a single label now. I have to have a mydevice, a hip printer and a roll of shelf labels. As far as I can tell you can't just add labels in a batch anymore to print from the signing room. I spent 20 minutes tracking down working equipment and labels the other day just to change a single label. It's ridiculous.

You can print single labels in the signing room. You need to not be connected to a hip printer to create a batch.

Yes it works from the sign and label printer

You supposed to print all pc accuracy with every pog or revision
In an ideal world, yes. In reality with the hours we’re given and the amount of other tasks piling up just getting the revision set at all is a challenge.

Is your store having trouble keeping up with the changes?
YES! This is one of the biggest complaints I have at my store !

Each day I print, activate and distribute all pc & clearance labels.

I hang my own while doing my dept.’s audit each day - doesn’t take long if you are caught up - get behind and it could be a while !

The other TL mailboxes are BURSTING with unchanged labels - some dating back to July !
I respectfully remind them to please hang or assign a tm to hang them explaining that it easier to KEEP up than CATCH up ! I am ignored and ETL/SD do NOT enforce ! Therefore, the majority of our prices are only accurate after a revision/transition because the Planogram team ALWAYS prints the price accuracy.

Each day I print, activate and distribute all pc & clearance labels.
That’s why you are having problems. If you already know that other people don’t put them up why would you activate without actually putting them up? Sorry to say but you are a huge part of the problem when it comes to pvc s and any other shelf accuracy labels . You activate you put them up . Don’t activate unless you plan on doing the job.

That’s why you are having problems. If you already know that other people don’t put them up why would you activate without actually putting them up? Sorry to say but you are a huge part of the problem when it comes to pvc s and any other shelf accuracy labels . You activate you put them up . Don’t activate unless you plan on doing the job.

Quoted for truth.

Our TL quit recently and we have been going without anyone for sometime . There are revisions that were never done ( even after reminding them), overdue price changes , all sorts of mistakes , sales plans tied and never set !! me and the tm in frozen started doing them one by one and now we are almost caught up with everything . Now our area is much better and finally decision has been made to place a new TL for our dept!

The last Style basics pogs were not set properly. It is frustrating but I don't have time to jump in and set it right, so it's just a half-assed mess right now. Not my problem but it is still irksome.

If management doesn't care, not much I can do. If I notice a price is wrong, I will remove the label, other than that...🤷‍♀️

Ain't nobody got time for that. All Target cares about is the metrics. People cut corners like that all the damn time.

That's part of the problem with modernization/DBOs. The whole thing is a clusterfuck.
Exactly. I activate because the SD/ETL care about the METRICS ONLY. Get it to ZERO by FRIDAY. Whether the work actually gets done or not is no matter.

I have tried to NOT activate to show what work still needs to be done for each dept., but nobody cares, and I end up spending my entire Friday - ”getting PC to zero”.

Back