Archived price match changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can anyone post the new changes to price matching? Basically what stores will we and won't we match items. I ask this because the other day someone called corporate since we werent price matching I think gamestop.

I know what you're referring to. The .97 cent LeapFrog issue. We didn't pricematch it in our store because it was no longer in stock on Game Stop. After calling Game Stop ourselves, turns out it was an error on their website. Where ever we're price matching, the item must be in stock and must be a normal sale basically.

We had so many greedy leeches trying to buy everything we had for this "deal." When they get agressive, it makes me sick.

we also called GameStop to check, and they were already frazzled about it - and shortly after we had called, the stupid kiddie train that runs around the mall we're at crashed into their store. so all in all I'd say they had a pretty crummy day.

my ETL-GE actually backed us up on not matching that one, which is surprising because normally he's like 'don't even bother with policy, just match it if they show you a thing.' honestly sometimes I'll just match something if the person is nice enough and I'm in a good enough mood, even if I 'shouldn't.' sigh.

I had someone try to match a Fitbit Flex for $30 from GameStop.com yesterday. I denied it due to stock issues and walked up to guest services with a copy of our price match guarantee to make sure they understand they should do the same.

That works until out ETLGE has his say. He wants us to take anything no questions.

That works until out ETLGE has his say. He wants us to take anything no questions.
This is what bothers me the most. All it takes is one person ignoring policy, then the guest takes a copy of their receipt and posts it online to say "oh, this target is doing it".

I'm all for vibing with guests but seriously you gotta think of the entire company at times when they violate policy.

I've had more people tell me they were going to call corporate on me than I can count. I know what the policy is, so does corporate. Just explain it to them and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back