Archived Price match changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highlights:

They are going up to 14 days past date of purchase for price adjustment (up from 7 days).

They reworded the wording to simply say that Target coupons and cartwheel cannot be used on price matches. It's always been that way, but the wording has always been terrible.

They are greatly expanding the websites we will price match to. I want to say there will be like 20 of them now. Including Sam's Club and Costco.

This goes into effect October 1st.

Currently: You can apply Target coupons and Cartwheel prior to the price match, if the price match is still less, then apply the price match... wut?
The new way is far more clear about it... no you can't use your cartwheel.

I don't get the price match for Costco and Sam's Club, we hardly carry the same items.

Remembering all those websites is going to be a pain. I'm going to have to keep a snapshot of the list on my phone. HOPEFULLY corporate will have the iPad updated for the new price matching. I'm not confident, it barely works now.

Interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about us price matching with Costco, seeing as how they require a membership... Also, I worry that we'll see an increase of "Hey, I'm buying a cart full of groceries and everything is cheaper at Costco, so go ahead and price match these for me."

Target needs to add an additional fee if they price match with sam's club and Costco.

Time to see which websites has apps more reliable than the price match app.

How long as this been known btw? I think I remember seeing it on Workbench a week or two back but forgot to consult my ETL-GE about it.

I must admit I'm slightly worried about these changes. Especially since the price match app still doesn't even work correctly at my store, I don't know how they are going to extend it's already non-existent functionality to include an additional 20 sites.

I must admit I'm slightly worried about these changes. Especially since the price match app still doesn't even work correctly at my store, I don't know how they are going to extend it's already non-existent functionality to include an additional 20 sites.

Simple. They'll just hurriedly shove it all together in a random update no one will be made aware of, and then they'll kinda sorta half-assed fix it months later.

Our Price Match app worked - except for Walmart. What I usually did was, if the guest already had the item on their phone, I would look at the DPCI and type it into the POS to make sure it's the same item. It always is.

I was told that guests were allowed to use Cartwheel with their price matched items, which is why I rang out a couple of folks for the Skylander set at something ridiculous like $7+ (It was $24.99 or 29.99 at TRU, then there was a 75% off coupon on Cartwheel). Now I know that we cannot and I will happily tell these folks sorry not sorry!

Are they going to allow grocery store paper ads again? That's the only one I miss...

Our Price Match app worked - except for Walmart. What I usually did was, if the guest already had the item on their phone, I would look at the DPCI and type it into the POS to make sure it's the same item. It always is.

I was told that guests were allowed to use Cartwheel with their price matched items, which is why I rang out a couple of folks for the Skylander set at something ridiculous like $7+ (It was $24.99 or 29.99 at TRU, then there was a 75% off coupon on Cartwheel). Now I know that we cannot and I will happily tell these folks sorry not sorry!

Umm. What? You can't just look at the guest's phone because they can easily take screen shots, photoshop stuff, etc.

They probably will kind of just match prices that are a bit fixed, and stable -- not like Amazon, for example, where someone can put an add for $1 for something that's worth $10... There are parameters setup to avoid that kind of situations.

They probably will kind of just match prices that are a bit fixed, and stable -- not like Amazon, for example, where someone can put an add for $1 for something that's worth $10... There are parameters setup to avoid that kind of situations.

That is how it's been since we began price matching Amazon a couple of years ago. That won't change.

No, I actually will treat the guests' phones as if it's my own. I am a Photoshop pro so I know the tricks.

That never stopped. We've always been able to match paper ads.
Not at our store. District supposedly put a stop to it, and we pretty much only price match websites. Not even like an actual best but ad. Supposedly grocery stores and drug stores aren't competitors anymore.

Remembering all those websites is going to be a pain. I'm going to have to keep a snapshot of the list on my phone. HOPEFULLY corporate will have the iPad updated for the new price matching. I'm not confident, it barely works now.

The App and POS are supposed to Update the night before the new policy goes active.
I am also keeping a laminated copy of the Policy at the Service Desk for team members to review

Not at our store. District supposedly put a stop to it, and we pretty much only price match websites. Not even like an actual best but ad. Supposedly grocery stores and drug stores aren't competitors anymore.

The new policy mentions that To get a price match on Paper ads the guest must have the Full Ad so I take that as Print ads being allowed again

Some other things of note on the new policy.
Guests will be limited to one price matched item per person per day
No Cartwheel or Coupons.
Team Members can only get discount if Price matching Target.com
Item must be in stock on the site being price matched.
No Rain Checks if Target doesn't have item in stock
We can not Price match items that are limited Quantity/while supplies last
"Marketplace" Items on sites like Amazon and BestBuy.com can not be Price Matched
Price Matching can not be done Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday (Not new but worth noting)

The App and POS are supposed to Update the night before the new policy goes active.
I am also keeping a laminated copy of the Policy at the Service Desk for team members to review

The new policy mentions that To get a price match on Paper ads the guest must have the Full Ad so I take that as Print ads being allowed again

No Cartwheel or Coupons.
"Marketplace" Items on sites like Amazon and BestBuy.com can not be Price Matched
Price Matching can not be done Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday (Not new but worth noting)
So no manufactured coupons on a price match? One item? Why bother? And no discount unless it's target.com? Wtf?

Guess I'll stick to Wal-Mart when the grocery runs out of soda on good sale weeks. I was gonna pay full price anyway, not worth giving target the business for that crap policy.

No Cartwheel or Coupons.

None of that is new. That has always been the official policy.

That was something your district came up with, then. Because they've always been allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back