Have your stores changed the truck days in 2024

M
We've had the same thing happen over the last few weeks as well. DC cancels the truck but then my SD adds it back in so we're not stuck with a double or a very large single later. It's allowed us to have some "smaller" trucks this way.
The only problem with adding trucks back is the fact that you will have a ton of backstock.
I use to use to add trucks when they would cancel . However when I did the unload I made sure we scanned the truck we added to eliminate hours of push and sent straight to backstock .

Had our 2nd truck cancel of the week meaning a two truck week!?!?!?! We're even beating sales forecast. Did something change behind the scenes with order levels or something?

We definitely have always had a Saturday truck the entire 5 years I've been at my store and we push it on Saturday with a skeleton crew lolol because call outs are insane. I'm glad I won't be there for these Sunday trucks but they are going to lose alot of people changing days after all these years. They won't let anyone work a non truck day for hours ... only allowed to work the new truck days or nothing.... like really....wtf
At the ultra-low volume store, I used to work at we got trucks on T/T/S and then the STL worked to get it moved to M/W/F. He did, as we could not get people to work on the weekends. In the end, we either got trucks on T/T or M/W/F depending on the piece count of the truck.

At the ultra-low volume store, I used to work at we got trucks on T/T/S and then the STL worked to get it moved to M/W/F. He did, as we could not get people to work on the weekends. In the end, we either got trucks on T/T or M/W/F depending on the piece count of the truck.
Your SD should have updated his pud to what works best for the store .

No truck days is never something I’ve experience at my volume. Slowest part of the year is 10 to 11 trucks for us. From a staffing stand point my preferred single days is the weekends. There is no realistic way there can be a company wide standard for trucks.

No truck days is never something I’ve experience at my volume. Slowest part of the year is 10 to 11 trucks for us. From a staffing stand point my preferred single days is the weekends. There is no realistic way there can be a company wide standard for trucks.
THIS. During most of the year here we're a 4 or 5 truck per week sort of store. Towards the holidays it goes up to more, with doubles sometimes.

This is kind of wild to me because even the small-format store I'm at gets 5-6 RDC trucks a week-

Our truck schedule has been changing back and forth between 3 and 4 trucks per week just lately. They're all completely full, which I suppose is good from the standpoint of maximizing sending a truck in the first place. I kind of miss the days when a normal size truck for this time of year was 1400. (I do not miss the TL I had back then though.)

Back