Have your stores changed the truck days in 2024

Our truck days will change jan 14. They say all stores will be the same as ordered by corporate... wondering who else is seeing this change.

I realize some stores get too much freight but I always there should be no trucks on weekends.

At my store any truck that we get on the weekend isn't pushed until a day or two later especially grocery.

The whole problem with this is it affects OPU because the system states it is On Hand.

I realize some stores get too much freight but I always there should be no trucks on weekends.

At my store any truck that we get on the weekend isn't pushed until a day or two later especially grocery.

The whole problem with this is it affects OPU because the system states it is On Hand.
Our new truck days will be Saturday Sunday tues Wednesday thur.....we already have issues with call outs with only a Saturday truck. I can imagine how bad Sunday will be especially when most of us don't work Sunday so will be a new team for Sunday I suppose

We definitely have always had a Saturday truck the entire 5 years I've been at my store and we push it on Saturday with a skeleton crew lolol because call outs are insane. I'm glad I won't be there for these Sunday trucks but they are going to lose alot of people changing days after all these years. They won't let anyone work a non truck day for hours ... only allowed to work the new truck days or nothing.... like really....wtf

Our truck schedule is everyday except Sunday. However we were taking 8 to 9 trucks each week thru 4th quarter. We cancelled some of those trucks and fell in the hole 6 trucks. Starting last Sunday we are taking a truck each Sunday till we catch up. It blows but this was the solution someone came up with. We shall see what happens. We are still taking at least 1 double during the week.

we went from doubles every day to now doubles on tuesdays and thursdays. today my etl told me we wont have doubles for a while, which is hard to believe because we usually at least have one a week... but maybe that's apart of it. we always have a truck every day, though. the only time we don't have a truck is for inventory or if we are so far behind our dsd will cancel one to "help" us (we usually will then have to take two and half the next day or smt tho...)

Our new truck days will be Saturday Sunday tues Wednesday thur.....we already have issues with call outs with only a Saturday truck. I can imagine how bad Sunday will be especially when most of us don't work Sunday so will be a new team for Sunday I suppose
PUDs are determined at store level, your SD can change it to whatever they want. That being said you typically can’t have two non truck days in a row and a lot of DSDs don’t like non truck days on the weekends when your store is the busiest. If you sell out of something Friday you’re not getting it till Monday? That’s just silly.

There’s no way corporate can issue something like trucks across the company . Triple A stores would never make their forecasts . How you gonna take stores who takes 11 trucks a week to 5? Makes no sense

There’s no way corporate can issue something like trucks across the company . Triple A stores would never make their forecasts . How you gonna take stores who takes 11 trucks a week to 5? Makes no sense

It's at least one group who made the change for stores that get 4 to 7 trucks per week. My guess is OPs TL/ETL just said it was "corporate" when TMs started to ask why we have Sunday trucks.

We're still taking 2-3 trucks every single day for normal operations (We were taking 2-5 a night during Q4, 2 only if callouts warranted it). Only time we get singles is when we have a visit to make nice.

I've heard they will, but it;s hard to tell when they have to cancel half of them because it takes 3 days to unload one... I'm waiting for the closing announcement

Nothing has been communicated at my store. Truck ain’t going to unload itself
I think it's a mistake for our store at least. Our Saturdays never go well already and thinking inbound will work every single sat and sun is insane... they won't...
PUDs are determined at store level, your SD can change it to whatever they want. That being said you typically can’t have two non truck days in a row and a lot of DSDs don’t like non truck days on the weekends when your store is the busiest. If you sell out of something Friday you’re not getting it till Monday? That’s just silly.
Our SD claims it was corporate orders to change truck days. We used to hv no truck on Sunday and thur. Now it will be mon and Fri. They have so many call outs on the weekend already I imagine trying to make people work every single weekend will not end well....we will see

Our truck schedule is everyday except Sunday. However we were taking 8 to 9 trucks each week thru 4th quarter. We cancelled some of those trucks and fell in the hole 6 trucks. Starting last Sunday we are taking a truck each Sunday till we catch up. It blows but this was the solution someone came up with. We shall see what happens. We are still taking at least 1 double during the week.
We also normally take one to two doubles a week

We also normally take one to two doubles a week
Sounds like your team likes a corporate job with Monday-Friday which is insane . This is retail we talking about . Your team is going to find themself that they are all replaceable. All the store have to do is let them all leave , talk to DSD that the store is hard to staff , offer a 2 $ more just for inbound and you will see that there will be people to unload that truck .

We've had a Saturday truck for years, since long before covid (which has become my point of reference for a lot of things). But we're a semi-low volume store and are now at only 3 trucks a week. It's varied some, always goes up during Q4, goes down again after. It's been more extreme variation since covid, and our current 3 trucks are way bigger than the pre-covid 3 trucks.
We almost always have enough TMs to push the Saturday truck because it's mostly the old-timer TMs who actually have bills to pay who are scheduled for Saturdays. The young TMs who must still live with their parents and don't have to pay their own cell phone bills can't be relied upon.

So update to my earlier post. Clearly my info was wrong, from the unload tl, or he didn’t want to tell the truth. We are taking a Sunday truck going forward supposedly so we don’t have to take doubles. I’ll believe it when I see it. The past 2 weeks we took Sunday trucks and a double each week. No non truck days.

So update to my earlier post. Clearly my info was wrong, from the unload tl, or he didn’t want to tell the truth. We are taking a Sunday truck going forward supposedly so we don’t have to take doubles. I’ll believe it when I see it. The past 2 weeks we took Sunday trucks and a double each week. No non truck days.

Whether you need to take a double depends on how many trucks you are forecasted for that a week. Some stores have taken doubles on 6 and 7 truck weeks to avoid spreading their staff too thin (since most people will only work 5 of those days), but I think they want 7 truck weeks to be a truck each day.

I know not of no truck days. We get one every day. Two 3 times a week(not counting pfresh). Usually mon, wed, and fri. January and no payroll to cover that workload is horrible now. No pro-active thinking from GM/ETL/TL to mitigate this issue.

Back