Have your stores changed the truck days in 2024

So TWICE this week the DC did not send trucks because they could not fill them. Tomorrow’s truck is 1260. In my 13 years I believe that is a first and I couldn’t be happier! We all are. We shall enjoy this while it lasts. We are a 60 65 million store.

I know not of no truck days. We get one every day. Two 3 times a week(not counting pfresh). Usually mon, wed, and fri. January and no payroll to cover that workload is horrible now. No pro-active thinking from GM/ETL/TL to mitigate this issue.
You must work at my store. No payroll & and no pro-active thinking (aka MANAGEMENT).

Sounds like your team likes a corporate job with Monday-Friday which is insane . This is retail we talking about . Your team is going to find themself that they are all replaceable. All the store have to do is let them all leave , talk to DSD that the store is hard to staff , offer a 2 $ more just for inbound and you will see that there will be people to unload that truck .
I wish my SD would do this. We all need a buck or two more -- it's hard to keep good help. Labor pool extremely limited -- both size and IQ.

Sounds like your team likes a corporate job with Monday-Friday which is insane . This is retail we talking about . Your team is going to find themself that they are all replaceable. All the store have to do is let them all leave , talk to DSD that the store is hard to staff , offer a 2 $ more just for inbound and you will see that there will be people to unload that truck

Our no truck days are typically a Sunday, Thursday.
That was what ours used to be. Now it's Monday and Friday no truck day.

Another week, another Friday truck not sent because dc couldn’t fill. I feel we will be screwed at some point in time.
Of course you will , just because it’s canceled doesn’t mean it won’t come . In fact it will come in a form of 2 trucks and say here is your additional 50h to get both trucks done . But by then it won’t be time for you to add the non-existing team to unload those 2 trucks .
That’s why the way to sustain trucks to come clean is that your schedule for double should be the same for a single .

Couldn't fill?

Does that mean no product and/or no one to load the truck?
Who knows. I asked the unload tl and he was told couldn’t fill. Three times in 2 weeks. Very unusual. We have not had any doubles to make up cancelled trucks. We shall see.

We've had the same thing happen over the last few weeks as well. DC cancels the truck but then my SD adds it back in so we're not stuck with a double or a very large single later. It's allowed us to have some "smaller" trucks this way.

Back