Archived Price matching for "prime day" July 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlipTo4

Code Plaid!
As I was leaving today, I saw there was a redwire about this, but was in a rush and didn't get a chance to read. Anyone have more details?

My bet is that thee aren't doing it since you have to be a Prime subscriber to get the deals (which constitutes a membership).
But knowing Target who knows.

That sounds fair. We don't price match Costco for example, because those are membership prices.

I was wondering about this too, but you would think that you will only be able to see the prices if you're logged in as a Prime member.

I was wondering about this too, but you would think that you will only be able to see the prices if you're logged in as a Prime member.

On the contrary, I'm guessing EVERYONE can see the "prime" deals. They are doing this to lure more prime members after all...

I didn't actually open the RW message but I interpreted it as we ARE matching for Prime Day.

I thought policy stated that we can't price match prices that require you to log in or be a member...

Most of the stuff probably won't even be things we carry.

I'm annoyed they didn't make it Friday, though.. So I could participate lol.

So it says we are price matching. Still has to be fulfilled by Amazon. Also the item has to be in stock online. If the site says it's been 100% claimed we cannot honor it.

Fuck Amazon and vibe. I say that if people try to price match on prime day then they should have to sign up for the red card.
Having the extra 5% would be literally the only advantage, unless they're too lazy or impatient to wait for the 2 day shipping all prime and prime trails get.

No one from management mentioned if we were or were not price matching. Also, not a single guest asked if we would price match. So for my store, it was a non issue.

I was told NOPE! The sale prices from Amazon require Prime membership and we do not price match paid membership stores. At the end of my shift, I didn't have to do a single price match. That was good because I was swamped at photo.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore! I get so much contradictory information from the GSTL, and ETLs.... I am just giving the guest what they want until management yells at me for doing it than I can say "I'm only vibing with guest like you guys told me to do!" I cant wait to get out of this hell hole! I already have several jobs lined up I am going for. Target has been slowly killing me from the inside out!

The redwire said that Target would be honoring price matches for the Amazon Prime event. Too bad their sale was pretty lackluster for all the hype Amazon drummed up for it.

Our store never even mentioned prime day. I doubt we had anyone trying to price match because I heard prime day was a disaster! I doubt we would have honored them because taking a semi-pricey flat screen and marking it down to $75 is a bit much.

I got a nice mini Bluetooth speaker for 80% off.

But I found there were just too many deals spread out over too many categories for me to even bother browsing unless I needed something specific (like a Bluetooth speaker).

Get your Clorox Wipes, Popsicle Molds, and Gummy Vitamins!

Hooray for tons of useless shit ;)

My ETL told me we WERE matching Prime day when I came in. I think we only had one or two guests even ask about it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back