Archived Price Scanner Question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ach5063

Former Super x-trained TM
Hey.. REALLY stupid question here but remember i come from a super old store. I was in a newer store the other day, and their price scanners had buttons on the side- Whats the point of those?

At our store you can use one to pick the option of manually putting in the dpci.
The scanner also gives more information then the old ones did including if there is more product in the back which handy when you don't have a gun and the customer is doing the "why don't you go check?" thing.
That's the only function we have so far, there are supposed to be more that other stores have.

Last edited:
The current line of scanners (with the keypad) will let quests punch in a DPCI. It will tell guests the current price of an item. It will show the planogram location and tell you if there is a backroom location.

Yeah i saw all that, and i WANT them at my store, i was just curious about the reason for the buttons.

When you have no PDA, type dpci in & helps the guests better. I had the old ones before & they gave no good info.

Haha those scanners suck. A lot of our buttons are pushed in so deep its either broken or we need a pen to press on it.

I've been wondering about those buttons myself. Not that I would ever use them, being a cashier........maybe once I get trained in HL.

Hey.. REALLY stupid question here but remember i come from a super old store. I was in a newer store the other day, and their price scanners had buttons on the side- Whats the point of those?

I've been in numerous other Targets and I think about all of them have those newer scanners. We still have the super old ones. These don't even give the salesfloor/BR locations. Dare I ask how old your store is? Ours opened in '89 if memory serves me correctly.

I've been in numerous other Targets and I think about all of them have those newer scanners. We still have the super old ones. These don't even give the salesfloor/BR locations. Dare I ask how old your store is? Ours opened in '89 if memory serves me correctly.

Idk; i'll have to check.

the really really new ones show whats on ad like a small tv...also tells you if its on target.com

we had the "google" ones for a while, touch screens where you could type in what you were looking for. sadly, spot took them away

How would i find this out? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back