Archived Pricing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, does anyone know an easy way to clear the PDA/ LPDA when changing the prices of the remaining markdowns that you couldn't find instead of keying in ALL of those DPCIs? And if you don't do it before 6pm it goes against your pricing score. Thank you.

A-activate the remaining items (after you have thoroughly searched for them). You have until 7 or 8pm until the workload is considered late. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Forgot to mention, that with A-activating, it should really only be the PATL or ETL who oversees Price Accuracy. My team members know that if I see that they even have 1 A-activate, that it will be a coaching. A-activating should only be used if you truly cannot find the item and have looked everywhere (including pulling up the Detail Report to see if any clearance items have been backstocked and checking any PTM tubs). Follow up that the PTMs have been pulled and pushed because if an item which is supposed to go clearance is sitting in a PTM batch waiting to be pulled, then it will NOT drop into the Price Change backroom workload to be pulled.

Thank you so much for your help PricingMaster.

My question might sound a little dumb but honestly I don't know much about pricing I'm a TL for Softlines who's helping a friend who just got promoted to Pricing TL. I just wonder if there's something easier to do when you can't find the items that you have to type in the PDA/LPDA the DPCI and then the quantity that it tells you before you activate it. Thank you.

If your friend isn't able to find the merchandise then your friend should be hitting A-activate. If your friend is keying in the DPCI when unable to find the merchandise, then your friend should be keying 0, which is basically the same as A-activating, but you're just saying that uou found 0. If your friend is keying in the DPCI for items that aren't being found, then keying in the quanity that the system says are the correct On-Hand counts, then your friend is falsifying the numbers and results, which can result in termination. For the sake of uour

Sorry, keyboard on my phone went down. As I was starting to say in my last post, for the sake of your friend, I really hope that he/she isn't faking the numbers and falsifying the results in order to have a green score.

PM, What would happen to someone being caught burning the division batches by doing just that? Is it as bad as burning the CAF batches?

If there is solid evidence that the person is faking their results then that person can potentially be termed for falsifying Target Documents (this is what it would be considered). It is just as bad, if not worse than burning CAF batches for this reason: when you do markdowns, the only time you change the count of the item is during Final Markdowns so that when it's time for the item to salvage, the system knows about how much to look for. If you end up finding less than what the system thinks you have for salvage, then not only does it affect the Price Change Accuracy score, but also Shortage Indicator. If you are Red for your Shortage Indicator, then AP may start questioning things and open an investigation.
If someone is caught burning the workload (you find excessive tickets printed and thrown out) or see it on camera, then that person can potentially be termed.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to make them stop it.:angry:

PM, What would happen to someone being caught burning the division batches by doing just that? Is it as bad as burning the CAF batches?

I fired a Team member for doing just that. For three weeks straight we found exactly everything in RTW..... 100% accuracy for three weeks in possibly the highest theft area in my store.... I dont think so.......

Forgot to mention, that with A-activating, it should really only be the PATL or ETL who oversees Price Accuracy. My team members know that if I see that they even have 1 A-activate, that it will be a coaching. A-activating should only be used if you truly cannot find the item and have looked everywhere (including pulling up the Detail Report to see if any clearance items have been backstocked and checking any PTM tubs). Follow up that the PTMs have been pulled and pushed because if an item which is supposed to go clearance is sitting in a PTM batch waiting to be pulled, then it will NOT drop into the Price Change backroom workload to be pulled.

Dang, really? My store A activates all darn day. If they can't find it in the dept or in the fitting room it gets A'ed.

Sorry, keyboard on my phone went down. As I was starting to say in my last post, for the sake of your friend, I really hope that he/she isn't faking the numbers and falsifying the results in order to have a green score.

She's not we just wanted to see if there was something faster to do. Thank you :)

N-Done closes out the entire category. This isn't something I recommend doing unless all other work has been completed (nothing is left for 1st, further, final markdown, comp, mark-up) and the division is still showing a workload. That is when I hit N-done. If you just want to clear out the items that can't be found, then I recommend A-activate, and no one but myself does this only after I have exhausted my resources of locating the missing merchandise.

I know this is a little late.. but how do you pull up this 'Detail Report' that shows you if a clearance item has been backstocked? We always check for PTM tubs, but just the other day I found clearance backstocked..

I know this is a little late.. but how do you pull up this 'Detail Report' that shows you if a clearance item has been backstocked? We always check for PTM tubs, but just the other day I found clearance backstocked..

Signing & labeling pc
backroom menu
backroom detail report
pick aisles
sort by status

Thank you, stupid rules. Somebody posted it in another thread a while back, but I couldn't find it.

Thank you so much. Just trying to improve our scores because we were consistently #1 in our district for 2 months and recently with the hour shortages the zone/abandons/backstock/clearance overflow in the backroom has been horrible and hopefully between this and a few other things I learned on here it will get us to where we want to be.

Oh, just to touch on a few things.
You have until 8pm before it's late.
Even though N-done is treated like the spawn of Satan, I now use it. I am not sitting there and keying A that many times. I'm not given the hours to complete the workload, I'm already tired of the 12-14 hour days just to get it complete.
Forget scanning all of softlines, for your 1sts you can work it by brand or department. If there's no listing of 013 then why would I waste time scanning the 013s? Exactly.

Oh, just to touch on a few things.
You have until 8pm before it's late.
Even though N-done is treated like the spawn of Satan, I now use it. I am not sitting there and keying A that many times. I'm not given the hours to complete the workload, I'm already tired of the 12-14 hour days just to get it complete.
Forget scanning all of softlines, for your 1sts you can work it by brand or department. If there's no listing of 013 then why would I waste time scanning the 013s? Exactly.

Haha. We are a smaller, C volume store so our workload recently has only been between 1500-2500. Theres 2 of us and our TL whenever shes not LOD so all three of us just A everything.

We do the same thing for softlines. If there is only C9 in Mens in our workload we jump right over there because, you're right. why waste the time?

Also I was talking with my TL about the Markups today. I know on another post someone said to key the quantity and toss the tickets, but does this come out of your ticket count? does it count as you not finding the item if you key "0" even if the item doesn't need a ticket? She seems to think that it doesn't affect it because that's how she was trained but is willing to try it if it will boost scores.
The detail report, I didn't get a chance to look into it today because we were running a little late cause our workload doubled (gotta love it).. But is that something the backroom does regularly also or is that just something the pricing team should look into? We can usually find most of the firsts but any clue to why we can't find about 100 DPCIs in Newborn furthers.. 90% of which is 1OH? is that just an instocks problem? I don't think we could be missing that many pieces of clothing.. I mean the clearance for softlines is on 2 pallets in the backroom but I scanned every single box today, pulling everything out and doublechecking. We checked the fitting room, and Guest Services only had other departments in the bin..

Sorry to be a bother, and I know this should be on the Lost forum but it seemed to fit in here as well..

Last edited:
Also I was talking with my TL about the Markups today. I know on another post someone said to key the quantity and toss the tickets, but does this come out of your ticket count? does it count as you not finding the item if you key "0" even if the item doesn't need a ticket? She seems to think that it doesn't affect it because that's how she was trained but is willing to try it if it will boost scores.
I'll get back to you on this, my training consisted of me learning on my own. My first thought is that it wouldn't count against you in accuracy. What do you mean by coming out of your ticket count (as in you have 3415 eaches today, would the 17 mark ups come out of that number??)?

The detail report, I didn't get a chance to look into it today because we were running a little late cause our workload doubled (gotta love it).. But is that something the backroom does regularly also or is that just something the pricing team should look into?
The backroom will use it 1000x more than any other work center.

We can usually find most of the firsts but any clue to why we can't find about 100 DPCIs in Newborn furthers.. 90% of which is 1OH? is that just an instocks problem? I don't think we could be missing that many pieces of clothing.. I mean the clearance for softlines is on 2 pallets in the backroom but I scanned every single box today, pulling everything out and doublechecking. We checked the fitting room, and Guest Services only had other departments in the bin..
This can be from several factors, on-hands could be incorrect, they could be missing and in the store (bad zone, hidden, bottom of a stack of reshop, etc), they could have been stolen, unlocated in the backroom and just activated previously, you name it. Keep in mind though that even though you didn't find it, the DPCI stays in the workload and will show up in the next one until it's salvage, etc.

edit - I forgot to mention. My team has to scan the entire department when we go through softlines. It's 'best practice' and 'has to be done that way to catch everything' but I don't. I can't show them how to find the items because they love drama and try to get people in trouble (though it only backfires now). Dumbasses, making more work for themselves and held accountable to tougher expectations because they thought they could get me in trouble.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back