Archived Pricing Toy Markdown December 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what time is everyone coming in to do the Toy markdown on the 26th? The direction from HQ's is 3am but my STL wants us to come in at midnight. He has to get it approved first though.

our toys started first markdown this week. is that week the huge markdown? i thought it was going to be more staggered this year.

I'm having my team come in Early Morning Sunday instead of doing overnight for A&A....We're going to focus on BGI Sunday and RTW/Stationary Monday. As for the Toy markdowns, I'm scheduling 6 people to focus on Toys and then the core team to work any of the regular scheduled markdowns that may be occurring on Wednesday

I'm having my team come in Early Morning Sunday instead of doing overnight for A&A....We're going to focus on BGI Sunday and RTW/Stationary Monday. As for the Toy markdowns, I'm scheduling 6 people to focus on Toys and then the core team to work any of the regular scheduled markdowns that may be occurring on Wednesday

I am doing the exact something. There not dropping anything other than toys on Wednesday. I called my group pricing leader to confirm that for my district.

Our Toy captain this year already has 90% of our D-code toys outta the back room! our toy aisles are ghost towns... Love it, sell the crap before i have to mark it!

The Toy Captain and I had the NCF list completely pulled and pushed on Tuesday, Wednesday we pulled the D-coded list from the backroom detail report and pulled/pushed them out, so now there aren't any D-coded in the BR. Each day we keep pulling the D-coded list since EM might backstock some discontinued toys which is still coming off the trucks.

I'm not too sure about there not being a workload other than Toys that Wednesday, because if you look at the Markdown planning guide, there aren't any shifts that day except for Toys shifting to Wednesday. I didn't see anything about Mens, Household/Paper/Baby, etc either shifting to another day or being deleted for that week, which is why I'm scheduling some people to come in at normal times, just in case.

The Toy Captain and I had the NCF list completely pulled and pushed on Tuesday, Wednesday we pulled the D-coded list from the backroom detail report and pulled/pushed them out, so now there aren't any D-coded in the BR. Each day we keep pulling the D-coded list since EM might backstock some discontinued toys which is still coming off the trucks.

I'm not too sure about there not being a workload other than Toys that Wednesday, because if you look at the Markdown planning guide, there aren't any shifts that day except for Toys shifting to Wednesday. I didn't see anything about Mens, Household/Paper/Baby, etc either shifting to another day or being deleted for that week, which is why I'm scheduling some people to come in at normal times, just in case.

I'm gonna have to look at that. Historically, there hasnt been a workload other than toys, but you could be correct with everything changing around this year!

Toys used to be done (and I wish the markdowns were remaining this way) overnight, but if you remember, we always had a workload the morning of the day that we went overnight (i.e. if we were going overnight Thursday, we still had a workload Thursday morning). Corporate also would schedule workloads to shift days....Monday's workload shifted to Sunday, Tuesday's workload shifted to Monday, etc...depending on what day Christmas Eve fell on. I'm not stating that I am 100% accurate that there will be a workload Wednesday other than Toys, but this is my planning to CMA in case I am correct. If I am not correct, then I will still have some people come in at normal time to jump start the next day's workload....either way, I'm covering my own ass.

Yeah, I'm pretty positive we still have Mens, Grocery, etc.. that day. There's a calendar somewhere in the 4th quarter planning links and under December 26th it shows Toys plus the usual divisions for Wednesday.

That's what I thought. It's going to be a living Hellish NIGHTMARE starting next week....especially in RTW, Mens, and Toys....then the following week Beauty decides to join in on the fun with over 1,000 markdowns that Friday. I'm just happy that we were able to jump start Monday's workload

I'm looking forward to having actual work to do but kind of dreading it at the same time. Friday is our heaviest day on the new schedule (I think that's the week they moved Intimates to Friday which also has 1,000+ markdowns). Luckily my team is currently a whole day ahead and I'm hoping to keep it that way until the Toys markdown.

Okay! so the dreaded markdown forecast came out this morning! lets hear the damage reports......... 15,678 eaches on 95 hours of payroll!!!!!!

Okay! so the dreaded markdown forecast came out this morning! lets hear the damage reports......... 15,678 eaches on 95 hours of payroll!!!!!!

16.5k workbench forecast, though in the ETL's MAX Forecaster it only shows a 11.5k forecast... same 95 hours from corporate though. I can only hope everything sells out before then or that week is going to be hell.

So did anyone else notice that on next week's forecast, there is no workload for Tuesday? It looks like they confused next week with the week of Christmas and for next week moved RTW and Stationary/Holiday to Monday - little bit of an Oops on their part

So did anyone else notice that on next week's forecast, there is no workload for Tuesday? It looks like they confused next week with the week of Christmas and for next week moved RTW and Stationary/Holiday to Monday - little bit of an Oops on their part

i didn't notice that, but im going to check it out tomorrow! Everytime corporate gets involved they screw something up!!!!!!!!

I bet this is the reason payroll hours are screwed up..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back