Pride merch

View attachment 14962 looks like it’s working

Target fucked up.
If they had stood up and said, "We stand with the LGBTQ+ community. We are hiring more security to protect our employees and the displays are staying up.
Fuck each and every one one of you motherfucking terrorists." Their stock would be doing fine.
The LGBTQ+ community and their allies would be backing them up.
Hell, I might even have bought stock.
But no, they acted just the way I thought they would.
They tucked their tail between their legs and ran away.
So I don't give a shit how much money they lose.
They deserve to.

It's interesting that when liberals boycott entities because of their anti-progressive policies red state legislatures will punish said liberals for boycotting:

But then conservatives will not only boycott businesses they disagree with but they'll deny progressives/liberals the very tools they use & add domestic terrorism to the mix.

Last edited:
Target fucked up.
If they had stood up and said, "We stand with the LGBTQ+ community. We are hiring more security to protect our employees and the displays are staying up.
Fuck each and every one one of you motherfucking terrorists." Their stock would be doing fine.
They deserve to.
It's very disappointing.

I'm sure corporations struggle with how to respond to these situations. I'm also sure that team member safety is at least partly the reason for the removal of the merchandise. I mean, they'd be crazy not to consider it with all the threats and harassment they've been getting.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. And it's a shame that Target chose the path they did. Maybe for safety's sake it's actually the right one, but it sure feels shitty right now.

Last edited:
And the knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing neanderthals will crow how 'they won' by using the very methods employed by countries led by despots & tyrants.

And that is exactly the problem.
Because Spot turned and ran, they are going to just get worse next time and the time after that.
I have family and close friends who are in the community.
So help me g-d if one of those scumsuckers hurts any of my people, I will be going hunting.
I may be on the left but I grew up in Alaska.
We all know how to hunt.

Editing note: I know that sounds like teenage hyperbole. I'm an old man. I don't say shit I don't plan on doing.

I have worked for Target for almost 2 decades and I couldn't give a shit less about the pride merchandise in the past. I think they went a little far this year and I don't think they handled it correctly once people got upset. But I just work here and I stay in my lane. If I didn't work here and get a discount I wouldn't boycott target but I also wouldn't go out of my way to go either.

you only care because the conservative media told told you to care. if you were paying attention, you'd have noticed that there were actual binders and other trans-inclusive apparel in last year's pride assortment at the same location in stores (the family gateway) with far more flashy ISM and no one batted an eye. but keep on keeping on, "free thinker"

Target fucked up.
They deserve to.

I think this is why people are pissed…. This is gross…

I realize this is a passionate subject for a lot of people in both sides. I think it's ok to have different views and beliefs as long as you treat each other with respect.

I have multiple family members who are gay and trans, I still interact with them and talk to them. There are multiple gay team members that I enjoy talking to and have no issues with how they live their life, I just don't agree with it. I want them to be happy and do what they want.

We can't all agree with everything Target does, that's fine, that's why this board exists so we can talk about it.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone in my previous posts, it wasn't my intention and I tried to be considerate. But the problem with this world is that no one can accept the fact that people have different views and want to either convince people to share their views or be angry at them that they don't. Be respectful and be kind to individuals, don't lump everyone into a group just based off of their views or who they voted for.

Make individual judgements on everyone, it's what I have always done. Like I said I have multiple coworkers that I talk to regularly that are gay. There was one leader who was gay who would consistently "hit" on me knowing I was straight. They would say inappropriate things that bordered on harassment. That person I didn't like nor did I respect them because they didn't respect me.

I don't care what others do until it effects me and Targets decisions have effected me, I own company stock, I have had to deal with angry guests, team members and just the overall issue in general. I know other people are more so effected by it and I'm sorry for that.

Target fucked up.
They deserve to.
You honestly think their stock would be doing fine if they stood firm? The stock holders don't have confidence that Target will be as profitable with the drop in sales due to the "boycott". I think if they stood firm it would have people more angry and the people who were appeased by Targets actions may have also spoke with their wallets.

I think the LGBTQ side has more of a victory in this fight than the other side. All of the actions at my store show it. We have even moved the pride merchandise onto mannequins since all of this.

Target should have made a more prominent statement addressing both sides. They need to be in the middle as does every company. They are selling to America, not just the left or right and it's becoming more divided every day.

you only care because the conservative media told told you to care. if you were paying attention, you'd have noticed that there were actual binders and other trans-inclusive apparel in last year's pride assortment at the same location in stores (the family gateway) with far more flashy ISM and no one batted an eye. but keep on keeping on, "free thinker"
NAILED IT.

These things just feed upon themselves. It's a total mob mentality, with headlines made to incite anger and falsehoods that spread like wildfire, such as that Target is selling tucking bathing suits for kids, shirts with naked people on them for toddlers, or satanic-themed merchandise.

Then this stuff just gets repeated with no attempts by those that are "outraged" to check and see if these headlines have any truth to them. It's honestly sad, the lack of critical thinking skills and the willingness for people to just believe headlines or sound bites and repeat them as fact because it suits their narrow, prejudiced worldview.

Target should have made a more prominent statement addressing both sides. They need to be in the middle as does every company. They are selling to America, not just the left or right and it's becoming more divided every day.
You talk about both sides as if they're equally valid. If Target had existed in 1861, do you think they should have addressed "both sides" equally as well?

You honestly think their stock would be doing fine if they stood firm? The stock holders don't have confidence that Target will be as profitable with the drop in sales due to the "boycott". I think if they stood firm it would have people more angry and the people who were appeased by Targets actions may have also spoke with their wallets.

I think the LGBTQ side has more of a victory in this fight than the other side. All of the actions at my store show it. We have even moved the pride merchandise onto mannequins since all of this.

Yes, there would be viral support on the left and everybody would be jumping on the look how cool Target is, they are badass, they are really American (cause what's more American than more people with guns - AmIrite?).
The stockholders would retain confidence because Spot would actually seem to know what the fuck it was doing and the ones who bailed would be replaced by people like me who have never bought stock before but would be willing to buy stock in a company that did this.
The statistic terrorists feel like they won this one and are looking for their next place to attack.

I realize this is a passionate subject for a lot of people in both sides. I think it's ok to have different views and beliefs as long as you treat each other with respect.

I have multiple family members who are gay and trans, I still interact with them and talk to them. There are multiple gay team members that I enjoy talking to and have no issues with how they live their life, I just don't agree with it. I want them to be happy and do what they want.

We can't all agree with everything Target does, that's fine, that's why this board exists so we can talk about it.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone in my previous posts, it wasn't my intention and I tried to be considerate. But the problem with this world is that no one can accept the fact that people have different views and want to either convince people to share their views or be angry at them that they don't. Be respectful and be kind to individuals, don't lump everyone into a group just based off of their views or who they voted for.

Make individual judgements on everyone, it's what I have always done. Like I said I have multiple coworkers that I talk to regularly that are gay. There was one leader who was gay who would consistently "hit" on me knowing I was straight. They would say inappropriate things that bordered on harassment. That person I didn't like nor did I respect them because they didn't respect me.

I don't care what others do until it effects me and Targets decisions have effected me, I own company stock, I have had to deal with angry guests, team members and just the overall issue in general. I know other people are more so effected by it and I'm sorry for that.

If someone continues to hit on you after you have made it clear you aren't interested it doesn't matter if that person is straight or gay, you need to report them.
Sex pests are unacceptable in any community.
I would make the joke that now you know how every woman feels but that is nonsense.
Nobody should be hit on when they have clearly turned the person down.
I am assuming you did that, right?
Saying they know you are straight isn't really enough, lots of 'straight' guys will try out their other side or are bi and don't know it.
Just telling them you appreciate the compliment but they just aren't your type.
If they keep it up report them because fuck that bullshit very much.
They don't represent the LGBTQ community any more than the asshole who harasses women represents all men.

you should look up what glsen actually does instead of taking the word of bigots like the daily wire and dave rubin but you won’t, because bigots don’t do research. if they did, they wouldn’t be bigots
go on tik tok watch the teacher groomers in the elementary schools… i’ve seen enough it’s not the bigots sorry

lol @tiktok as a source for basing your beliefs on.

FWIW, our store had a 2 day blip downwards in sales, then went right back to where it was prior. We're still up like 2% on the year.

Stock prices will return and it will be forgotten about until next year, when the far right learns that a Pride merch designer once went to a Satanic Temple mixer and had fun, and gins up their base for another cancel culture round.

I live in North Colorado Springs, near Focus on The Family's headquarters.

They have their pride merch right at the front of the store.

IF THEY CAN DO IT WHY CAN'T OTHER COWARDLY STORES.

Also this store is so old they have the red aisle signs and red endcap headers and that red carpet.

But they also have modern stuff like that giant tree near entertainment. And track lighting.

OLD STYLE ELECTRONICS BOAT. Giant Our Generation focal and tree.

Last edited:
go on tik tok watch the teacher groomers in the elementary schools… i’ve seen enough it’s not the bigots sorry

None of those teachers are grooming those children to have sex with them.
That is the definition of grooming.
It is a straight uncle grooming his underage niece because that's where 80% of child abuse happens by straight men in the family.
Your definition is bullshit and takes away the important legal aspects of the word.
Talking about being trans or that your husband or wife is the same gender as you is not grooming.
Please stop using it that way.
You are going to get people killed.

Back