Archived Probationary Period Paranoia

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I started working at my store back in August during the back to school rush. Im in Hardlines currently. I have only about a month or so at the most in my probationary period. Whenever they need help up front I go. I always do my best with everything assigned to me. That being said I did call out already once since I was sick. Now the whole time I've been there my main issue form what Ive heard is speed. I do most caffs and reshop at a normal pace. But when I have to zone during the closing shift I do struggle there. It feels though like they want the impossible done from someone relatively new. I haven't been called into the office for coaching or anything. The tips I've gotten are from like two Team Leads that I need to be more detailed when I zone. Now my coworkers are all pretty nice but at the same time it feels like they have there own click that Im not really part off. I also notice they tend to talk bad of the other new hires and as soon as they see me they stop or change the conversation. Again I don't get this vibe from the TL and LOD that they hate me but i honestly don't know. It feels like they rather just let me go since they are gonna get a bunch of seasonal's when my probation is up. Also I have jury duty thanksgiving week so I feel like thats already something else going bad for me. Should I be paranoid of being let go and what should I change.

Talk to your ETL about the jury duty now. They won't fire you over that. Just show them the paperwork.

You probably won't get let go this time of year if your only issue is being a little slow. It's way better to have an imperfect trained person than to have an imperfect untrained person.

Mention the jury duty if you haven't already. Honestly is key. Ask for feedback, and do the best you can. At the end of the day that's all you really can do. Everyone has different expectations. If they are giving you feedback they believe you can do better. Take that as a positive. Learning tips and tricks can help. I like to ask the pro's how they do things. Often times they do things in an way you wouldn't even think to try.

Just attempt to relax and do your best. At the end of the day everyone has different skills and abilities. All we can do is work on ourselves. Everyone gets better with practice and experience. I'm sure you're doing a better job than you're giving yourself credit for.

Just do your best, don’t stress over it. I was so stressed when I was seasonal and felt similarly to the way I’m assuming you feel, it all turned out fine. Even if you don’t end up getting kept it’s probably not even something you did - Target is a business and has its own needs o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back