Archived Problem with HR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hired awhile back as cashier, and was asked if I wanted to be cross trained for other front end stuff, I said yes, but after 5 months, the only people getting cross trained are the other people who orientated with me. I asked again, and the gstl told me he would "talk to some people" about it, and he left and sat in the ETL-HR's office for a good 20 minutes, came back and said nothing to me. Any one have any advice for me? I get the feeling ETL-HR doesnt like me..

How's your Red Card conversion rate? At my store, no cross training until you are consistently green.

Other people who orientated with you...as cashiers or other departments? They will cross-train nearly anyone but cashiers right away, I've noticed, at my store. Cashiers seem to get stuck unless there is some serious prodding done by the cashier. And the furthest I've gotten so far is service desk, with a few salesfloor hours tossed in when they were desperate.

Other people who orientated with you...as cashiers or other departments? They will cross-train nearly anyone but cashiers right away, I've noticed, at my store. Cashiers seem to get stuck unless there is some serious prodding done by the cashier. And the furthest I've gotten so far is service desk, with a few salesfloor hours tossed in when they were desperate.

Without compromising too much detail, i was orientated with less than 10 others, all were cashiers. Red card conversion is better than most, not as good as 2 or 3 others. The people who got trained were red in conversion, i saw the gstl app on the computer during my 90 day review.

Try reaching out to a salesfloor team lead and show them you are interested. They may be able to vouch for you.

Now, I don't know your store, but my GSTL isn't helpful for getting out of the front end. I don't know if they don't want to lose me or that's by design. My ETL-HR is also not helpful (too overwhelmed, I think), though she was the LOD to call me in for softlines one day knowing I wanted sales floor time. But, I have a great working relationship with my ETL-GE, who is the one who seems to get the ball rolling for me when I beg to be cross-trained. I think it depends on your store's hierarchy and who seems to get stuff going. Did everyone else who orientated with you go through HR?

If you want to be cross-trained in other workcenters, you'll want to get to know the TLs and ETLs of those areas. That way, they can see what kind of worker you are and whether or not they want you on their team. Let them know you're interested in training in their areas. Your GSTL probably wants to keep you if you're a good cashier, so they probably won't be much help, but it can't hurt to try.

Be proactive, not reactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back