Archived Produce TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a possibility of a Produce TL opening in my high volume store. What is the most challenging part of being a produce/meat TL?

Finding tons of out of dates and ensuring Pfresh produce and meat is full at all times! Also having amazing team members, starting with an amazing pfresh assistant. If you don't have a strong team to support you it will be hard to have a green workcenter. You have to be able to stand up to your Etl and Stl and ensure they don't pull your pfresh team member. You have to also make sure you utilize the morning huddle on Fridays for a successful Freshness Friday!!

Finding tons of out of dates and ensuring Pfresh produce and meat is full at all times! Also having amazing team members, starting with an amazing pfresh assistant. If you don't have a strong team to support you it will be hard to have a green workcenter. You have to be able to stand up to your Etl and Stl and ensure they don't pull your pfresh team member. You have to also make sure you utilize the morning huddle on Fridays for a successful Freshness Friday!!
Do PTLs even get a PA? Usually when you've hit the point where you have a Produce team lead, you have multiple TLs in grocery. I'm going to assume super target, in which case they aren't a pfresh.

The hardest thing, by far, is consistently finding the time to cull everything daily (in produce). With hours cut so bad this year, it was the first thing to go at our store. Sad, but true. As for dates, the only things dated are autofills - not a difficult thing to find expired.

We just had a major reset - we used to have the hours to tear apart every table and the wet wall to clean them thoroughly. This year we had to steal hours from another department to clean only the wet wall.

I've been in produce for four years - if you have any detailed questions, shoot me a message. My last TL firmly believed that Produce is the hardest department in the store to run smoothly. I wish you the best of luck, and yes, a good team is essential!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back