Archived Project one, how I loathe you.

• Thread starter Pfreshbackroomguy
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks later and my p fresh backroom is still a mess. This is all thanks to project one. We had a great thing going until it was decided what we were doing with p fresh trucks was not "best practice" even though it worked. We one team member work backroom p fresh everyday, 2 on truck days. The truck backstock was not only done on time, it was backstocked in the most organized way. There was never any out dated product in the p fresh coolers. The coolers were always updated, which helped with p fresh counts and ordering.

But someone thought decided it wasnt best. Today, they didnt finish pushing the p fresh truck. They left 3 huge flats of dairy and didnt finish backstocking any of the other coolers. Our dairy cooler was packed & we had a milk delivery today.

I dont think anyone who works outside Pfresh in the Stores knows anything related to pfresh or how to run it effectively

Pretty sure that our flow team, backroom team, instocks team, plano team, and pricing team would disagree. All of these teams have a hand in keeping our pFresh area full and impactful. I don't think anyone who works only in pFresh knows much about how to work on those teams.

I was talking more about management and HQ. More of UP the chain than other in store TMs. Id love to see someone from corporate to come in and show me how to do everything by best practice and see all that they get accomplished in their shift and month with the minimal hours we get.

Our flow team pushes dry but our C+S team is a mixed team with less than half TMs who work flow. Our Pfresh trucks are worked out opposite days of Flow team. So Flow is T, TH, S and our C+S push is M,W,F.

Backroom team really only backstocks and pulls from the back coolers. Half the time they dont even have anything backstocked before noon. Our TM in receiving helps alot when C+S comes in though and with Vendors since he is in constant contact with them.

I do my own stand alone research on non truck days for anything that isnt dry market and fill it as far as instocks is concerned. They come through when its on the task list but usually there isnt too much that comes out from the actual Pfresh area, its mainly dry market. I do not have much experience from the instocks role though to know everything they do related to pfresh and how long it takes but the above is just my personal experience.

The plano team however is awesome. Out of all the teams listed they are the one that helps out a ton and I appreciate their help. It helps that the Plano TL was the Former CTL though so we might get a little more attention and consideration because of that :)

And pricing always has a bunch of items to ticket from Market and they always look for outdates and hand them to me when they find them.

I appreciate the help from all the teams that have a hand in market no matter how small their role may be. It is a team effort to have an effective market area and as far as Food Safety is concerned we would not be green for 3 straight years if some of those teams were not doing a great job.

I agree with rj, my hl team outside of pfresh, will help out the pfresh team when needed, mostly closing it. Due to lack of hours.
For our closing we are only scheduled til 8 most days with no overlap from opener to closer and have to zone all of Market which includes dry market. At least during closing there are people in Hardlines to help with guest service though. For opening we usually have just 1 person scheduled for salesfloor til 2 or so when someone else comes in. I would estimate that the guests I help that are not market related has to be above 70% or so since the guests cant find anybody else on the floor to help them. Also backup cashiering since once again the 1 salesfloor TM on the floor. We also dont even have a cart attendant anymore so ive had to grab carts a few times while opening Pfresh. Plus that Market Reshop :) oh and like yesterday zoning the 6 aisles of Paper :music2: and helping finish the Ad set for 40 minutes or so :excited:

Anyway my frustration is mainly tied to hours around the whole store, or lack therof :wacko:. Cut hours anywhere and it effects almost everyone which sucks but its true. And a callout anywhere cripples us. On Sunday we had 3 callouts. That day went well. Had to push out half of the morning dry grocery autofills that they pull at 6am and were sitting there until about 1 until I asked if they were being worked out or what was going on with them. Also at my store the opener works out the morning pulls. I know ive read here in some stores that is not the case? Maybe its just on a few days?

Last edited:
A few weeks later and my p fresh backroom is still a mess. This is all thanks to project one. We had a great thing going until it was decided what we were doing with p fresh trucks was not "best practice" even though it worked. We one team member work backroom p fresh everyday, 2 on truck days. The truck backstock was not only done on time, it was backstocked in the most organized way. There was never any out dated product in the p fresh coolers. The coolers were always updated, which helped with p fresh counts and ordering.

But someone thought decided it wasnt best. Today, they didnt finish pushing the p fresh truck. They left 3 huge flats of dairy and didnt finish backstocking any of the other coolers. Our dairy cooler was packed & we had a milk delivery today.

I dont think anyone who works outside Pfresh in the Stores knows anything related to pfresh or how to run it effectively

Pretty sure that our flow team, backroom team, instocks team, plano team, and pricing team would disagree. All of these teams have a hand in keeping our pFresh area full and impactful. I don't think anyone who works only in pFresh knows much about how to work on those teams.

I was talking more about management and HQ. More of UP the chain than other in store TMs. Id love to see someone from corporate to come in and show me how to do everything by best practice and see all that they get accomplished in their shift and month with the minimal hours we get.

Our flow team pushes dry but our C+S team is a mixed team with less than half TMs who work flow. Our Pfresh trucks are worked out opposite days of Flow team. So Flow is T, TH, S and our C+S push is M,W,F.

Backroom team really only backstocks and pulls from the back coolers. Half the time they dont even have anything backstocked before noon. Our TM in receiving helps alot when C+S comes in though and with Vendors since he is in constant contact with them.

I do my own stand alone research on non truck days for anything that isnt dry market and fill it as far as instocks is concerned. They come through when its on the task list but usually there isnt too much that comes out from the actual Pfresh area, its mainly dry market. I do not have much experience from the instocks role though to know everything they do related to pfresh and how long it takes but the above is just my personal experience.

The plano team however is awesome. Out of all the teams listed they are the one that helps out a ton and I appreciate their help. It helps that the Plano TL was the Former CTL though so we might get a little more attention and consideration because of that :)

And pricing always has a bunch of items to ticket from Market and they always look for outdates and hand them to me when they find them.

I appreciate the help from all the teams that have a hand in market no matter how small their role may be. It is a team effort to have an effective market area and as far as Food Safety is concerned we would not be green for 3 straight years if some of those teams were not doing a great job.

I agree with rj, my hl team outside of pfresh, will help out the pfresh team when needed, mostly closing it. Due to lack of hours.
For our closing we are only scheduled til 8 most days with no overlap from opener to closer and have to zone all of Market which includes dry market. At least during closing there are people in Hardlines to help with guest service though. For opening we usually have just 1 person scheduled for salesfloor til 2 or so when someone else comes in. I would estimate that the guests I help that are not market related has to be above 70% or so since the guests cant find anybody else on the floor to help them. Also backup cashiering since once again the 1 salesfloor TM on the floor. We also dont even have a cart attendant anymore so ive had to grab carts a few times while opening Pfresh. Plus that Market Reshop :) oh and like yesterday zoning the 6 aisles of Paper :music2: and helping finish the Ad set for 40 minutes or so :excited:

Anyway my frustration is mainly tied to hours around the whole store, or lack therof :wacko:. Cut hours anywhere and it effects almost everyone which sucks but its true. And a callout anywhere cripples us. On Sunday we had 3 callouts. That day went well. Had to push out half of the morning dry grocery autofills that they pull at 6am and were sitting there until about 1 until I asked if they were being worked out or what was going on with them. Also at my store the opener works out the morning pulls. I know ive read here in some stores that is not the case? Maybe its just on a few days?

My flow team, backroom team, instocks team, plano team, and pricing team dont know how p fresh is run effectively. They do their little parts and avoid it at all costs if it doestn directly affect them.

I still cant believe you and your team are scheduled until 8pm only and have to do dry as well. Since we are scheduled until from 230-1030, we have just enough time to get a good zone in on the freezers and coolers plus do the rest of the routines.

My team just got a new TL in p fresh. On top of the p fresh routines, he wants closers to fill every single whole or light area in p fresh every close. He says we have enough time to do so. But what is funny, he is new to p fresh having moved from hardlines. He has only closed p fresh in our store twice. Those who know of or have work (or worked) in p fresh know that the morning autofills and cafs usually fill up the floor through the day so the team doesnt have to manually pull everything every close. The high sellers should always remain full (bananas, berry section, salad section, meat section, bakery section, eggs and vendor milk) and if all the p fresh routines are followed, you shouldnt fill those up every close.

What is funny, I have closed in p fresh well over 250 times since we opened in Oct 2010. That is a light estimate as i probably have closed more times than that. Just one week away at a store that is a different volume than us he has suddenly become more knowledgeable and more experienced in p fresh than me.

I will attempt to do as he asks but completing the zone, doing the deep cull, keeping the high sellers full, doing the daily and weekly cleaning tasks is my main priority. If he has a problem, I will ask him to show me exactly how he wants stuff done since he is now an expert on p fresh. This is the same team lead who leaves the closer with 2 cages of cardboard and 2 full bins of unprocessed qmos for the closer as he believes the closer does all qmos.

Im in a lower volume store and it is rediculous. We usually only have 1 person on the Salesfloor until 6:15 when the closers come in so you can imagine all the non market stuff our closers do from 2-6 or so. I ALSO have a newish CTL and they have NEVER closed...yep...you read that right ...NEVER closed PFresh, not once, and then they act like they know everything about how closing goes and what should or should not be done. I would like to take things they say seriously but with zero experience with closing I just cant.

Closing Market is one of the worst things about Pfresh when its just you can you only have til 8 to get everything done. Even if set up perfectly its hard to complete everything. Walking into a bin of QMOS, a couple backup cashiers or other projects and you are screwed on finishing anything. Also, if the zone is rough and has tons of reshop and empty cardboard displays for various items it just takes FOREVER. I usually find a whole 3 tier of things that are either damaged or out of temp plus reshop and empty cardboard every single time I close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back