Archived Promoted to Market TL, what can I expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

That BackroomGuy

Resigned Fulfillment TL
Long story short, got promoted to Market Team Lead. Have been with Target for about 5 years, mainly in Backroom! Have led the team countless of times as the unofficial BRTL for a little bit, this involved Autofill, OPU, and Autofill replenishment on the floor.

Any tips for me? I will be in the same store!

Long story short, got promoted to Market Team Lead. Have been with Target for about 5 years, mainly in Backroom! Have led the team countless of times as the unofficial BRTL for a little bit, this involved Autofill, OPU, and Autofill replenishment on the floor.

Depends on what shape Market is, are you pfresh also?

Depends on what shape Market is, are you pfresh also?
I will mainly be in Dry Market for I want to say 6 months, then alternate to learning Pfresh. The ideal way they would like to run it is I run Dry, and the other TL runs Pfresh.

I do dry and fresh....
I currently do Dry/Fresh and SBUX/Cafe at a store that has two TL positions for food. They apparently can’t find a replacement suitable for me in Café/SBUX so get to keep both! 😭😭😭

Having some background in Backroom will help. Really dry grocery is the same as any other hardline department with the exception of the fact there are expiration dates. The challenge is honestly more with the actual P-Fresh part of the store. Your inventory there is has hardly any actual shelf life, and if you’re not able to master inventory management you’ll drive guest away. Know your order/delivery schedules ASAP, and get to knowing your vendors and hold them accountable. If you’re always running out of product, call them out. Sending too much? Call them out. Just by having conversations with my vendors has dramatically improved my store overall as now we aren’t swimming in wine (literally), and I usually have enough bread on my shelves between replenishment. I couldn’t say that before I took over.

Lastly, if your store has a Cafe/SBUX... be accommodating on things like space and their freight. Luckily I own both so I tell myself to calm down when I get angry at the fact there is a bunch of SBUX crap in my freezer. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back