Archived Promotion from cashier to TPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work at a store in PA and I just recently passed my 90 day probation, and the TPS is qutting, so I filled out an app online for his spot. Was told it wouldn't be a problem to be in the same store. Wish me luck!

If anything its good that you are new. AP doesn't like keeping people in the same store if they're too connected to people, for conflict of interest reasons I think.

Good luck!

Quoted for Truth. But if you do have an interview and need help. I could possibly help you through it.

Only thing I'm just thinking about is, I'm not sure if this is a full time position or not, and how it would work with my school schedule being that I have class 2 days a a week.

we've had tm from all different departments go to TPS, and it is usually a part time position.

we've had tm from all different departments go to TPS, and it is usually a part time position.

Depending on your district or if your APBP approves it you possibly could be 40 or 20. Assuming your store has only 1 TPS. You might be full-time. Just ask them!

TPS at my store is full time pretty much. We only have 1 TPS and 1 ETL-AP atm.

Quoted for Truth. But if you do have an interview and need help. I could possibly help you through it.

I disagree, one of my peers recently side-stepped to APTL and he met with several ETL-APs to discuss what type of person he should hire as the TPS. He was told to look for someone currently working on the sales floor.

I was on the sales floor myself before being promoted to TPS.

At my store we hire from salesfloor and guest service to be on the AP team and we have one of the best teams in the district.

I'm pretty sure my store has all TPS positions for full-time. I always see at least 2 TPS's on duty and that is in addition to the actual Cop that is usually right outside the store or roaming around it. But my place is a high risk/high volume place so maybe that's why.

-Zen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back