• The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.

Promotion opportunities for techs?

Hi all!!

I was wondering if pharmacy techs can be promoted to other positions other than becoming a pharmacists? Are there pharmacy tech team leaders?

I'm guessing we could apply for team leader jobs and exec jobs if we have a 4 year degree. Has anyone heard of anyone doing this?

I really like the pharmacy, it would be great if there was a way to advance without having to go out on to the floor.

Hi all!!

I was wondering if pharmacy techs can be promoted to other positions other than becoming a pharmacists? Are there pharmacy tech team leaders?

I'm guessing we could apply for team leader jobs and exec jobs if we have a 4 year degree. Has anyone heard of anyone doing this?

I really like the pharmacy, it would be great if there was a way to advance without having to go out on to the floor.
Yes, Pharmacy Techs can apply to for any promotions in the store, however it may be a cut in pay for you since your starting paygrade is already higher than most positions in the store. Pharmacy's that that are high volume usually have a pharmacy team leader (1200 to 1500 scripts ish per week)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for your responses, well it's definitely not worth a pay cut :) I'm glad to hear there are Pharmacy Team Leaders!