Archived Promotion to GSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is for the GSA's here...how long did it take you to move up to the GSA position? I have been here for a year and a half with no promotion. I have learned everything I could about the front end, and I am working with my team lead to have a position on the team lead bench... any advice?

It took like 11 months to get to gsa but as said before it really depends On the demand and how many people they feel like can make the jump up.. also not worth it but still

While some may think it’s not worth it, it’s the first step towards becoming a gstl or etl ge

Asants Our newest gstl was promoted from flow. I thought and told her she was nuts, but I'm hearing great things. She just graduated from college and told our STL she wanted a tl position.

Asants Our newest gstl was promoted from flow. I thought and told her she was nuts, but I'm hearing great things. She just graduated from college and told our STL she wanted a tl position.

Bad comparison.

Gstl isn't that bad of a position and it pays fairly well. You can write up shitty cashier's and interview/hire your own talent.

GSAs can do none of that and the pay sucks.

Last edited:
While some may think it’s not worth it, it’s the first step towards becoming a gstl or etl ge

That is my intention, I am very interested in moving way up within the company, and I see both getting on the TL Bench and becoming GSA as first steps on that path.... towards ETL ect. The only issue with becoming GSA is the lack of positions as confirmed by my HR ETL.

Bad comparison.

Gstl isn't that bad of a position and it pays fairly well. You can write up shitty cashier's and interview/hire your own talent.

Facts basically

Ideally it goes Team member -> Guest Service Team member -> GSA -> GSTL or TL in a different department.

GSA is a spot that you can get noticed to be put on the bench for TL. It's a stressful position to be 100% honest and the pay isn't reasonable for how much you do. I was a GSA for maybe 4 or 5 months and was promoted to TL.

Bad comparison.

What I was trying to convey is the fact that you don't necessarily have to be a GSA first to become a GSTL. Skip that bullshit title and earn some money for the headaches that will surely come!

Bad comparison.

Don't they usually start at about $15/hr? Not really a good salary for someone with a degree.

Don't they usually start at about $15/hr? Not really a good salary for someone with a degree.

15 an hour is well over 30K a year. Not rolling but not bad. GSAs are at 11.50 an hour that's a huge difference.

Besides Gstls don't need a degree.

I know that they don't need a degree. Just that 30K is a pretty low salary for someone with a degree, particularly for someone with a 4 year degree.

I know that they don't need a degree. Just that 30K is a pretty low salary for someone with a degree, particularly for someone with a 4 year degree.

Oh got it. Yeah, I think a person with a 4 year degree should strive to be an etl or senior tl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back