Archived Promotion..

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm offered a move, currently a pmt and offered to go in to ETL interviews. I'm at a lost should I lose my amazing schedule for some extra money ? Yes i'm seeking insight :). I'm at the high end of my bracket. I make above 23 at the moment.

What's a pmt? and 23? 23 per hour or 23,000 per year. If you're going into ETL interviews, I hope you learn to express yourself more clearly or.....wait, you'll fit in nicely.

Good luck!

That's what I was thinking staying PMT. I make more then starting etls in my area. Only thing I fear is PMT going away. But I don't see it happening.

I know, just im nervous because if I say no...that is the end of it. I appreciate it by the way.

PMT's have it made, if they are good at what they do. Senior TL pay without taking LOD calls. Plus the bomb schedule. Depending on your age/goals, staying might not be so bad. You are making more than some ETLs. Oh, I forgot-most PMT's get holidays off. So many perks-do you want to give that up???

PMT has steady hours and fixed duties.
Like you said you make as much or more than a starting ETL and you're less likely to be shuffled around.
Personally, I'd stick with the PMT.

I appreciate it, I just need some support. I appreciate the insight you all are giving.

As @Sickofspot said, it does depend on your age and your long-term goals. Becoming an ETL will look great on your resume, if you ever decide to move beyond Spot and into management elsewhere. But if you like what you do and are good at it, why mess with a good thing?

The PMT at my store keeps a low profile but he is still one of the most beloved TMs in the building. Anything that needs to be fixed or put together and he is all over it. He spent 5 hours on the roof a few days ago working on the HVAC system (or building a lounge).

Don't forget the awesome pay, schedule, and hours you currently have. The biggest sticking point is probably the fact that if you were to work 50-60 hours a week at your current pay rate + overtime, you would be making 65k-83k per year. And there is no way you will get anything close to that as a new ETL.

Mhm interesting thought process SFSFUN but faintly eh, no pmt gets 50 to 60 every week , I manage around 42 to 43. Only time I hit above 50 is when I'm training.

Mhm interesting thought process SFSFUN but faintly eh, no pmt gets 50 to 60 every week , I manage around 42 to 43. Only time I hit above 50 is when I'm training.
I know but my point is that you will be working that many hours as an ETL. So you would be working 25-50% more hours for maybe 5-10% more yearly income.

I will, I have some time.... but obviously I'm going to inform them sooner. So I will as soon as I have my choice.

Lol, I used to be a senior team lead , I'm shocked they even let me go pmt to begin with lol. To be honest I love driving red cards , never had a issue doing it. But I understand the long term burden that it has...that's why the scales are leaning on PMT. Just PMT has no long term goals....can't exactly move up. But don't get me wrong amazing position. I can come in when I feel like it, I sometimes cut a day short and just come in on Saturday after the gym lol....I have a great relationship lol.

Be careful with the PMT-BP goal. Our group dissolved that position and gave the responsibilities to the ETL-Log. All BPs had to come back to the store. The only BPs that remained are 50% of HRBPs and 50% of AP-BPs. We might be a test group or just the first. Turned out those BP positions weren't needed.

Your current position is a gem. One of the best instore positions. ETL is a good idea if you want to move up, but it will come at a cost of giving up your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back