Archived Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
My floor is empty because we have no team members to do the work.

More like they are not scheduling sufficient coverage. I came back to work this past weekend and my shifts this week are short as hell while they expect me to push dry market, backstock it all, knock out reshop and then zone the entire section in those short 5 hour shifts. They expecting miracles. o_O

More like they are not scheduling sufficient coverage. I came back to work this past weekend and my shifts this week are short as hell while they expect me to push dry market, backstock it all, knock out reshop and then zone the entire section in those short 5 hour shifts. They expecting miracles. o_O

Mytime isn't allocating very many hours for market. You also aren't allowed to underschedule ACE work centers anymore so when the cuts get tight market is the first to go.

One more questions about this. Since my ETL-HR came to me about the position, I would assume that I have a better chance of getting it seeing as they thought of me when the position opened up.

You've always known very little about the store. Our flow tl is simply our fastest pusher. While I respect flow TLs they have a pretty simple job and unlike most other tls don't have to deal with guest really.

Yes there is some strategy to a quick unload and managing their team but ours never coaches his tms for throwing crap where it doesn't belong and spends payroll like a drunken sailor.

HRTL (not senior, those with an etl hr) and Flow TL are probably the easiest TL jobs at Target.
Ever since I moved to hardlines, ( TLs keeps quitting for the obvious reasons) the new flowTL doesn't do anything about the poor stacking and damaged freight. Aftre the damaged tidy cat judges, me, ETL-Log and him had private discussion that I will if he doesnt. We both have been in this store for years and theres no excuse for poorly stacked stuff even if they are on time (which they arent. There are still doing 1 1/2 hour 1500 trucks)

We agreed that he would solve the problem. It lasted a week. sigh.

You're just an hrtm so you probably know this least of store operations outside of paperwork

The Flow TL is essentially a second BRTL as well. They don't "only push". in addition to bailing out Market when they are behind, they backstock, pull SF pogs, finish all the work SL leaves behind, deals with in stocks, fills the back wall with water, grabs carts before the cart attendant shows up.

HR just files papers

Go unload th truck in -10 temps and then say the job is the easiest
Yours is doing too much work.
While helping market, finishing push and dealing with instocks is fine. I leave SL to VMTL and VM-ETL who have absolutely no problem motivating the SL team.

When I was there, Focus on truck, wave freight, corrall team out of breakroom, follow up on in stocks and market (until Food TL arrived) make sure vendors handled.
he does the same thing on he works with BRTL.

Its is the easiest of all my management jobs because when its on point everything works. When it isnt, thats when its hard. Especially when you get a 2 hour truck or a poor push, or NCNS block of 3.

Sounds like you are a BRTL or a FLOWTL, or just a druggy that got the only job he/she could , flow, aka blows. Sorry that you suck and your job is going away. Target went through a list of positions and was like BR/flow USELESS!!; burn it. So bye. Apply to be a Cart Attendant now. Atleast youll have some use!
Flow is not Useless.
Try getting a truck down when you only have 3 out of 12 people show, and the people you assemble have no clue where anything goes and have never done an off load before. Then try to explain that ETL-SF forgot to mention to call everyone after Log told him truck was added on non truck day. 1800 pieces doesn't magically move itself when its unpalletized

You need to motivate people, know how to organize and sort on the fly, how to divide time to get the most out of your people and still get the rest of things done. He's an idiot at times, especially about HR but Flow is never useless.

Flow is not Useless.
Try getting a truck down when you only have 3 out of 12 people show, and the people you assemble have no clue where anything goes and have never done an off load before. Then try to explain that ETL-SF forgot to mention to call everyone after Log told him truck was added on non truck day. 1800 pieces doesn't magically move itself when its unpalletized

You need to motivate people, know how to organize and sort on the fly, how to divide time to get the most out of your people and still get the rest of things done. He's an idiot at times, especially about HR but Flow is never useless.
Wow, I had no idea what flow did. The sacrifices they’ve made for the betterment of the team as a whole.
After all that the flow/br has done. Now is the time for one more act of selfless,sacrifice. Vanish.

Wow, I had no idea what flow did. The sacrifices they’ve made for the betterment of the team as a whole.
After all that the flow/br has done. Now is the time for one more act of selfless,sacrifice. Vanish.
Flow is like the borg.

main-qimg-ec326766e952dbd74f8d06cf380dbb41

At my store Market is close to 42 % of total sales . We the ace, brah!

It's not 42% of the profit though.

This... The markup on cosmetics and apparel is quite a bit. The cosmetics guide says that our top area of profit as a company is in cosmetics. Apparel not too far behind.

Market has long been an issue at Target. That's why they just brought in someone new to try to turn it around.

Last edited:
Asants but at my store we make our biggest profits in softlines, baby and health and beauty.

Ill get back to you. Most of market is high margin merch though.
I think apparel has the highest markups.
Cost of transportation is more expensive for cold food, and you have to factor in shrink due to quality. Food isn’t a big profit turner.

What? If that is the case, Target is the only grocery store with a high margin. I don't even think that Whole Foods has a "high margin". Typical margins for grocery are under 10%.
Your “thinking” is wrong. Lets google sime facts.

Your “thinking” is wrong. Lets google sime facts.

I know you're trying to defend your area but market is not a money maker.

@glo is a consumables TL at a HV store. If anyone would love to defend market it's him but he knows the facts.

Market makes up 20 percent of our revenue company wide but it's also one of the more expensive areas to run.

We also significantly cut our prices in market over the summer in order to be more competitive further decreasing margins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back