Archived PTMs and PCs Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday and today the PC batches were HUGE. SEA 1, 2, and HB01 yesterday and SHO1, SPRT, and HOME today. About 30 DPCIs each yesterday and 70 DPCIs each tonight. I know we haven't been pulling PTMs, so that's part of the problem, but I feel like something else is wrong. If we had pulled the PTMs, we would still be pulling the same merchandise, just doing it at different times. A lot of the product was STO'd recently. I know how it's supposed to work, but it seems like at my store, the aisle is reset, old stuff backstocked, and then pulled in either PTM or PC. Shouldn't the PTMs come out before the POG? What's the proper procedure? I also realize it's that time of year, but I don't think we have room for all this clearance. Thanks.

I read somewhere on the message board about the seasonal batches being pushed back one week.

It sounds like your PTM process hasn't been followed, hence why you are getting huge batches. If the stuff is being pulled and PTMed, you shouldn't be getting huge batches.

If the product is D-Code, it should be worked out to the floor, and not backstocked. We catch a lot of flak at my store for backstocking D-Code.

Yeah I'm not looking forward to BTS. A lot of it is still sitting in the back. When I scan something in NOP, what should I look for to know whether or not to backstock it? I know there's NCF, at least one type of discontinued...?

Ours isn't getting pushed. Since last week I'd say. Line is full of clearance on the front and price change on the back! I think we're still trying to get rid of the bleach too.

Yeah I'm not looking forward to BTS. A lot of it is still sitting in the back. When I scan something in NOP, what should I look for to know whether or not to backstock it? I know there's NCF, at least one type of discontinued...?

There's a list on the computer (I can't remember the exact path on workbench) but it will tell you what DPCIs are discontinued, and which are active. The ones are active, you do not want to break open, so you can send them back for sweeps. That'll lessen the PTM workload for BTS. product name-NCF is also helpful when looking at whether to backstock or not.

We started PTMing BTS shortly after it set, but school starts here in July/August, so we had a early head start on BTS.

Ours isn't getting pushed. Since last week I'd say. Line is full of clearance on the front and price change on the back! I think we're still trying to get rid of the bleach too.

How's your mini-seasonal looking? We merged the bleach in with the paper towels and seasonal clearance as well.

How's your mini-seasonal looking? We merged the bleach in with the paper towels and seasonal clearance as well.

Yep, bleach should be in mini. Mini is running very light right now. 30% off bleach will occupy some space!!!

That's somewhere else we're lacking. We're not always pulling the discontinued or NOP from the Backroom Detail Report. That's only stuff that's already backstocked though, right?

I forget which part is mini. Does it include BTS? I know there's some paper products on the back wall and diapers, cleaning supplies?

So yesterday and today the PC batches were HUGE. SEA 1, 2, and HB01 yesterday and SHO1, SPRT, and HOME today. About 30 DPCIs each yesterday and 70 DPCIs each tonight. I know we haven't been pulling PTMs, so that's part of the problem, but I feel like something else is wrong. If we had pulled the PTMs, we would still be pulling the same merchandise, just doing it at different times. A lot of the product was STO'd recently. I know how it's supposed to work, but it seems like at my store, the aisle is reset, old stuff backstocked, and then pulled in either PTM or PC. Shouldn't the PTMs come out before the POG? What's the proper procedure? I also realize it's that time of year, but I don't think we have room for all this clearance. Thanks.

Well the idea isn't pulling a huge PTM vs pulling a huge Price Change batch.... A true PTM process operates over the course of six weeks (dropping small batches to start and working your way up)... So the real question is would you rather be pulling a huge Price Change at the end of the season OR would you rather be pulling small/manageable batches over the course of a six week period up until the reset/markdown day for the set?

A well established and best practice PTM process can make these types of transitions go very smoothly, but the store has to be willing to invest into it! Often times, it falls to the wayside and we are reactive to the process (oh crap, there is a ton of dcode for this area... drop it all)... when really we should be proactive (oh plastics goes PTM in 2 weeks? I'll start dropping some dcode/need batches this week and then dcode/capacities next week.... then hopefully there will be room for the all locs when it goes MPG)....

A process like this will help salesfloor more easily manage their workload (one flat a day is easier that 10 flats right when the area goes MPG), will help the BR (again 1 flat to pull is easier, plus it is a constant flow which is easier in terms of space management... clearing out an aisle in a day can cause a mess in terms of having to LOCU the whole aisle and low and productive it), and will help with price accuracy because too much product movement so close to a markdown risks the product not getting worked to the floor, and therefore the team will have to backtrack and sort through PTM flats to find their markdowns!

It feels like we are always fighting huge price change batches too. I am constantly pulling Ptm and then I turn around and print the detail repost and..... Oooooo!!! A whole page of d-code! I think we get dcode in on the trunks, it gets sent to backstock and I'm back to square one!

Thanks Rock! I wish it was like that. I'm not gonna blame one workcenter, but when we pull PTMs, no one works them. They also don't work them the right way. They sometimes work them once a week when the BRTL is the LOD. In addition to not having time, this is why we stopped pulling them. I'm gonna try to get us back to BP. Do the PTM batches have to be dropped or do they drop on their own?

I am given hours to specifically do PTM. From 5am-6:30 I complete any of the PTM task list that did not get finished the day before (usually none unless it involved a lot of moving of product) and use the MPG planogram report to do PTM's according to the last date pulled. Every single MPG pog in our store has a PTM fill done at least once per week. This time of the day is optimal for effective PTM'ing since there is no guest traffic. I pull from the backroom. I'm pretty good so there is usually no backstock. At 6:30 I begin scans, if the flow team has moved through one complete area or continue PTM'ing until they are ready for me to begin scans. At 11 I put up subs and work the day's PTM task list. If there is more time, I do label maintenance. As far as BTS, we began shooting D-code needs fills the day it set. It has looked great, been full and has been manageable. Now that it is MPG, we are shooting capacity fills and remerchandising within each POG. I anticipate ETL crazy time next week when they will randomly locu the backroom, load vehicles with the items that nobody is scheduled to push and leave our guests frustrated as we frantically try to find the items that are no longer in location but have counts. BTW - the rule at our store is that no PTM or SPTM batch can stay in the gun over night. You put it in, you pull it and you work it or make sure that someone is. The only exceptions are those that the instocks team stage for smart huddle or to be worked the next morning. (Those must be completed by the time scans begin.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back