Pulling case packs

How to reconfigure a shelf so YOU NO LONGER have to pull an entire case?

Naturally these cases are eight feet high and heavy.

On a side note AP did an Origami risk of the heavy cases of product so high up in another department that you need a twelve foot ladder and/or forklift to reach them.

I told my TL about this issue weeks ago and he did nothing.

AP supposedly said something at the same time.

It just not me that has to pull those heavy items but TMs that do OPUs.

They're intentionally set to case packs. It has you then pull the entire case and backstock the extras in wacos. You should be pulling eaches out of a full case

How to reconfigure a shelf so YOU NO LONGER have to pull an entire case?

Naturally these cases are eight feet high and heavy.

On a side note AP did an Origami risk of the heavy cases of product so high up in another department that you need a twelve foot ladder and/or forklift to reach them.

I told my TL about this issue weeks ago and he did nothing.

AP supposedly said something at the same time.

It just not me that has to pull those heavy items but TMs that do OPUs.
myDay > Tools > Location Management. You can scan the location and regroup it as openstock. Maybe offer this as a solution to your TL rather than just coming to him with a problem.

... You can scan the location and regroup it as openstock ...

Is that okay in some stores?

A while back our SD made a big deal about getting back "on profile".

Shelves are supposed to stay on profile: WACO shelves are for WACOs, casepack shelves are for casepacks, with only a few exceptions.

(Supposed to. Not that they really do.)

Our store is about twenty years old, and he said that the backroom profile should never have changed from what it was when the store opened.

Is that okay in some stores?

A while back our SD made a big deal about getting back "on profile".

Shelves are supposed to stay on profile: WACO shelves are for WACOs, casepack shelves are for casepacks, with only a few exceptions.

(Supposed to. Not that they really do.)

Our store is about twenty years old, and he said that the backroom profile should never have changed from what it was when the store opened.
I set my groupings to Openstock for all light duty. Bulk for steel

Upper case stock should be grouped as such so when it comes to opu/ship you will go to the salesfloor first. If you go to the salesfloor first and it’s not there than it sends you to the backroom to pull it in the upper location than I would pull the whole case pack, get what you need and send the rest out to be pushed instead of backstocking the remainder.

Upper case stock should be grouped as such so when it comes to opu/ship you will go to the salesfloor first. If you go to the salesfloor first and it’s not there than it sends you to the backroom to pull it in the upper location than I would pull the whole case pack, get what you need and send the rest out to be pushed instead of backstocking the remainder.
And yet it doesn't.

Check out the grouping. Change the grouping yourself if you have to.
Nope, there are good reasons (as much as they make my job harder) for it being the way it is. It is always "a work in progress" and I'm not f-ing that up. I like being employed.

I’m pretty sure EPick has been updated to only show the backroom location of an item if it is located in the backroom. You can only get the salesfloor location now by manually selecting next location and having it populate a new point on the path. I don’t really think for pathing it cares about the grouping. The grouping only affects how it prioritizes which backroom location if there are multiple and how you pull it.

My store is still having us pick lower shelves and wacos than the salesfloor and then upper shelves and remote receiving last. I’m curious though, when you click next does it take the item out of that location or does it just skip the item?

My store is still having us pick lower shelves and wacos than the salesfloor and then upper shelves and remote receiving last. I’m curious though, when you click next does it take the item out of that location or does it just skip the item?
I asked about this and was told no by my ETL. I sincerely hope they are right.

That is how it is supposed to work and if it isn't then the groupings are wrong.

I’m pretty sure EPick has been updated to only show the backroom location of an item if it is located in the backroom. You can only get the salesfloor location now by manually selecting next location and having it populate a new point on the path. I don’t really think for pathing it cares about the grouping. The grouping only affects how it prioritizes which backroom location if there are multiple and how you pull it.
No it should do upper and remote/bulk last. So it does have an effect. It should bring you to lower and open stock first, then salesfloor, then back if need be.

No it should do upper and remote/bulk last. So it does have an effect. It should bring you to lower and open stock first, then salesfloor, then back if need be.
That is not efficient pathing... at least for our store and/or for low timers

That is not efficient pathing... at least for our store and/or for low timers
It is more efficient when everything is done the way its supposed to. Obviously that's not always the case. In theory there shouldn't be anything backstocked in an upper location that isn't out on the salesfloor. It is more efficient in most cases .

In theory
This is always the operative and iffy phrase, isn't it? Theory is all fine and good but practice is often entirely different. Practical person that I am, I prefer going with what actually works instead of what's *supposed* to work.

They're intentionally set to case packs. It has you then pull the entire case and backstock the extras in wacos. You shouldn't be pulling eaches out of a full case
(Fixed the typo as corrected in a subsequent post.) This is what I see happening all the time. Which is why when I have a couple minutes and the space, I open up the case packs of items I know sell down quickly and re-back stock them in wacos. I find partial cases all the time and since the counts are correct for what's on that closed case pack shelf, I know what's happening. So I try to keep ahead of it.
Funny thing though. Before my back room space was reconfigured back to what was the old standard and is back again, it worked so much better. Now I do things I shouldn't have to because other TMs are too lazy to do it right.
I don't think it's the TMs picking orders. Based on what else I find by the TM who pulls the evening batches (overstocked home locations and oh look, perfectly enough empty space in secondary locations -- items stocked in wrong places with similar product), I'm pretty sure it's that TM who's messing things up. And yes, I've mentioned it several times. Planning to actually start writing things down which will take a minute or two, but it takes more than that to continually fix their mistakes and I'm sick of it.

Back