Archived Push all truck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand how you seem to be getting the pulls done so quickly. It's just not possible to get the pulls done quicker than the unload especially when the pulls generally drop a huge paper batch that needs to get pulled from the steel in front of the line.

There should be a TM who works in receiving under the backroom. He can pull those batches (only the ones directly above the line) and run them with his PIPO Pallets, which he does all himself.

Uh no, our receiving TM has mobility issues and only does receiving tasks. This person also comes in later than the flow team.

I still don't understand how you seem to be getting the pulls done so quickly. It's just not possible to get the pulls done quicker than the unload especially when the pulls generally drop a huge paper batch that needs to get pulled from the steel in front of the line.

There should be a TM who works in receiving under the backroom. He can pull those batches (only the ones directly above the line) and run them with his PIPO Pallets, which he does all himself.

Uh no, our receiving TM has mobility issues and only does receiving tasks. This person also comes in later than the flow team.

You should have a BRTM who does all your receiving stuff (not the receiving/reverse logistics TM)... They can pull a majority of the items down in receiving (leaving the few he/she cannot get to) and running PIPO's.

A flow team member does that. We only have one BRTM come in with the truck team, they aren't exactly growing on trees.

A flow team member does that. We only have one BRTM come in with the truck team, they aren't exactly growing on trees.

That seems to be the problem with your process then. Whether or not your process is push all, you don't have enough support on that leg of the process.

How fast do you think the wave moves? The pulls keep up with the wave push at our store. Everything is unloaded first, while the backroom pulls consumables, pets, HBA and cosmetics. By the time unload is ton the wave has moved into those areas where the push is ready and so on.

The problem with push all is that items that should be backstocked are needlessly being sent to the floor, and transition is NEVER set aside. There is a reason we abandoned push all in the first place years ago. Ever since my store switched to it we have had nothing but problems. The truck process as a whole is slower, the backstock never gets done and the push is a lot sloppier than before.

Why is transition not getting set to the side? On a push all, you now have an ENTIRE backside of the line that could be utilized for transition and large quantity products.

Of course your backstock does not get done! Your backroom team is pulling when they should be backstocking! The autofills should get pulled sooner, and the pulls should be completely bowled out with the rest of the product. Your BRTM's should have nothing to do at this point, because once the unload is done, there is no backstock at all to do (no truck backstock, and the push process is just starting). They can then help the unload team for the first part of the wave. As soon as backstock starts making its way back they go the backroom and backstock as the wave makes their way through the store. Once the floor is completed, you can then schedule some flow team members afterwards (if needed) to complete backstock.

Again the store I am talking about commonly does 2700 piece trailers with 14 total flow team members and they use 4 BR (plus the TL). The wave is gone in 4 hours, and the BR is gone in 6.

What is your etl-log injecting your TMs with.

That seems to be the problem with your process then. Whether or not your process is push all, you don't have enough support on that leg of the process.

No shit, you can thank your wonderful MyTime for that. You know the system you were defending in the other thread.

Are you saying your person in receiving works freight? the PIPO pallets?

My store did that for 2 weeks long ago.. backroom got filled with pallets and we couldn't take anymore trucks. Corporate finally gave up and said we could stop. That process is a waste and shouldn't be done and sooner or later OSHA will get involved because all that stuff on floor is a trip hazard in an emergency.

Are you saying your person in receiving works freight? the PIPO pallets?

A BRTM who works in receiving yes... The same BRTM that backstocks all the PIPO pallets runs them...

Our receiving person very rarely works freight. We have a dedicated person that runs the bulk side of the BR, and flow takes care of pushing the Pipo pallets.

Our receiving person very rarely works freight. We have a dedicated person that runs the bulk side of the BR, and flow takes care of pushing the Pipo pallets.

Used to do that, we found it was better to just have that TM run their PIPO's (they don't touch any freight that the wave would do obviously)...

Push All definitely works if it is executed right. Obviously your unloaders have to make judgment calls on certain items, mostly bulk quantities. Send a few boxes out to the floor and set the rest aside and the team lead can possibly build a flex endcap or have it back stocked.

The backroom team should jump in the wave once their auto fills are complete and you can have them bowl out their auto-fills or just have them work it themselves. Also the backroom team should audit most of the backstock before they bring it back.

And here is a crazy idea, instead of sorting and sending all transition for backstock. Why not pull up your MPG report and transition freight report and see what you can have the team flex out and print labels. Instead of waiting for the POG team to set it a month later. This leaves you with smaller POG pulls and less freight for the POG team to push and ultimately you are driving sales.

And if you are really feeling crazy you would build an endcap with the SPL product that comes in earlier or set aside and have the sale floor TL build it right away, instead of it sitting in the backroom forever and then going clearance.

Also you should train your team to never bring back discontinued or NOP product. Flex it down an MPG aisle or on a endcap and store tie it. It doesn't make sense to backstock something that will likely go clearance.

And if you are really feeling crazy you would build an endcap with the SPL product that comes in earlier or set aside and have the sale floor TL build it right away, instead of it sitting in the backroom forever and then going clearance.

For those who may attempt this - keep in mind that the old endcap you may be tearing down (in HBA, Cosm, Home Decor, or Dom) might also be going clearance. Some areas of the store have unique items on the EC, while other areas (toys, market, chem) are often double exposed items.

This isn't working at my store at all. We have a staggered schedule so like 10 people come in at 6 am to unload, then 6-10 more at 7 am to start working freight. The unload takes 1:45 on a 2300 piece. One BR tm comes in at 7 to pull autofills and the other three BR tm come in from 9-2. I come in at 5:30 am to help get receiving set up and on on a good day, I'm out the door at 3 p.m. We were doing pretty good before the push all, but it all just fell apart once this process started. Its only going to get worse as I've heard they are slashing payroll even more next month. With smaller trucks this would be easier, but it feels like the workload isn't on the same level as the hours are.

This isn't working at my store at all. We have a staggered schedule so like 10 people come in at 6 am to unload, then 6-10 more at 7 am to start working freight. The unload takes 1:45 on a 2300 piece. One BR tm comes in at 7 to pull autofills and the other three BR tm come in from 9-2. I come in at 5:30 am to help get receiving set up and on on a good day, I'm out the door at 3 p.m. We were doing pretty good before the push all, but it all just fell apart once this process started. Its only going to get worse as I've heard they are slashing payroll even more next month. With smaller trucks this would be easier, but it feels like the workload isn't on the same level as the hours are.

Been there. Done that. It was a shit show. My big bitch was the boxes are handled way too many times by way too many people. Well done to the stores that get it done, we failed miserably. I also heard it had been tried previous to me being hired. I hope the 3 strike rule isn't in effect!! Shoot me now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back