Archived Q2 results

Status
Not open for further replies.
The email Brian sent out to the team was interesting. When we had a good first quarter he told us not to celebrate and then used all these weird hockey analogies.

He sounded much more positive about our quarter two results.

I think the company will be okay. They have the money to reinvest and turn things around. Other retailers aren't as fortunate

Lol and the other day someone in chat was talking about how they just dumped all of their stock.

During Q2 my store beat comp virtually everyday. However, the past few weeks we've missed it more than made it. It will be interesting to see how the last two quarters of the year go. Personally, I think people's perception of how good the economy is will become worse, and E2E, now implemented in most stores, will be a drag on sales because product will not make it to the floor in a timely manner.

made a lot of money from target shares over the years , wish they hadn't taken the Target option from our 401k.

Our YTD sales have gone up a little in the last month or two...but we are still down ~4% as a store. We were as high as -5.5 though.

We've been doing great all year. Except for this past weekend, where we got destroyed.

The small format stores are reportedly extremely successful. I can see them going hard with opening more in "non-city" areas soon.

More sales per square foot, smaller backrooms allowing for less product rotting in the back.

Also most city stores are GM rather than p fresh. That's a money saver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back