Archived QMOS vs Defect out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suddenly watermelons won't QMOS. Had to defect it. Asked my STL if he knew why so many items have changed. He had no idea and thought it was strange also. He has a district mtg tomorrow and I asked him to bring this topic up. I'll relay any info I get from him.

The Chobani switching from being QMOS-able to having to use Defectives made this a blast today...

X5Im0U8.jpg

Apparently, since the last time I worked in market before the weekend, we now have a bin in the ambient room for un-processed QMOS. I'm guessing it has something to do with this.

The Chobani switching from being QMOS-able to having to use Defectives made this a blast today...

X5Im0U8.jpg

Apparently, since the last time I worked in market before the weekend, we now have a bin in the ambient room for un-processed QMOS. I'm guessing it has something to do with this.
My store got that bin with our Pfresh remodel three years ago.

So did we. Until sometime in the fairly recent past, whoever did the cull in the morning or at night would QMOS the items right away, then the LOD would throw them into the compactor. But between all the poorly trained hardlines noobs getting scheduled in market and so many items no longer being QMOSable, we had to put a separate bin in the ambient room for unprocessed items so someone who knows how to QMOS and defect could handle them.

^^ Those bins should be standard issue for all pFreshes as it's a safe place for people (not just PA's) to put items that need to be defected or QMOS'd and not worry that it's going to end up on the floor again.

Although, I did notice that you have your bin out on the floor after the store is open; whoops. Big no-no at my store. If you still have to cull after open, you have to use a 3-tier.

^^ Those bins should be standard issue for all pFreshes as it's a safe place for people (not just PA's) to put items that need to be defected or QMOS'd and not worry that it's going to end up on the floor again.

Although, I did notice that you have your bin out on the floor after the store is open; whoops. Big no-no at my store. If you still have to cull after open, you have to use a 3-tier.
We were allowed to have our bin on the floor after the store opened. In fact we were taught to do so. Just no garbage cans. I admit once zoning became a mandatory you better do this or you're dead thing, I used a 3 tier when zoning through yogurt, cheese, juice & lunchmeat, but only cause it was easier to push around. But when going through the main valley, I always used the bin. During truck unloads, we would park it somewhere out of the way on the floor for TMs to put anything damaged/bad they found right into the bin.

Suddenly watermelons won't QMOS. Had to defect it. Asked my STL if he knew why so many items have changed. He had no idea and thought it was strange also. He has a district mtg tomorrow and I asked him to bring this topic up. I'll relay any info I get from him.
Please do... black grapes on defect for me yesterday.

We take a trashcan to the floor while we cull. QMOS goes straight from shelf to trash. After the store is open we can have the QMOS bin out as long as it's being used. So it stays out in open market while the truck is being worked, going through SDA, and just general date checking.

Please do... black grapes on defect for me yesterday.
My STL said nobody was at the district meeting that would be able to answer any questions about the defect/QMOS situation so he is going to email Matt Gordon at corporate to see if he has any info. I'll keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back