Archived Question about 90 day probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible for me to change my availability while on the 90 day probation period? I began working at Target in late June (June 26) and I start college classes on September 1st. I work about 30 hours a week as a backroom team member. I want to work less hours when school starts, and at the moment I have open availability. I was going to ask someone about this but wanted to know if Target has let people change their availability for classes.

Just about the only time they let people who are on 90 day probation change their availability is for school and it was probably a good idea to have talked about that during the interview process.

I talked to the Human resources leader about it during the phone interview and she said it was fine to change availability for school,then talked to the person who gave me the second interview and they told me that I can't change availability during the 90 days. I told her I would be available so I could get the job. I would probably have to do some work schedule adjustments and swap or take days off in September

School is about the only reason availabilities can change. Just make sure to give notice of change as soon as you know. Changing availability at the last minute will result of you being responsible for any scheduled shifts.

I have another question about the 90-day Probationary period. What days are counted? The 90 days scheduled to work? Or 90 days in general?

From what I know based on an incident that happened recently at my store: you can change your availability at any time, but if it's within the 90-days, it's up to HR & your TL to decide whether or not to "accept" it. We've had a few lately who have changed their availability within the 90-days and 1 was let go, the other one had no problem....of course, it could have had something to do with the fact that the 1 TM who had no issues changed it to "open" on weekends when she previously had them "unavailable" because of another job (which she had when she started, but no longer has because the other employer has gone out of business).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back