Archived Question about availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
from what I understand they don't just document that call out, they use any other during the calender year. They call it a 'pattern'. Like I said she's an idiot.

I have excellent attendence, so yeah there is no pattern. I'm not like these young ones that call out every other weekend. And show up 20 mins late. I'm no idiot, I know exactly how target and shady etls work and I've been witness to it. I was there when an etl told a team member over the phone that he was fired and don't bother to come in, guess who still working at target and who was asked to go. Oh and I ratted out that etl so fast because I knew that was unethical. So I can use my critical thinking skills and question if my etls are right and wrong and if "policy" is actual policy. Noone has been able to give me any evidence of this policy, where is it written. I don't understand how everyone can just be told thats the was it is and accept that as an answer. Give me proof, real evidence.

I have excellent attendence, so yeah there is no pattern. I'm not like these young ones that call out every other weekend. And show up 20 mins late. I'm no idiot, I know exactly how target and shady etls work and I've been witness to it. I was there when an etl told a team member over the phone that he was fired and don't bother to come in, guess who still working at target and who was asked to go. Oh and I ratted out that etl so fast because I knew that was unethical. So I can use my critical thinking skills and question if my etls are right and wrong and if "policy" is actual policy. Noone has been able to give me any evidence of this policy, where is it written. I don't understand how everyone can just be told thats the was it is and accept that as an answer. Give me proof, real evidence.

Talk to your leadership not an internet forum if you want absolutes for your situation..

Are we done? Yes we are..

I’ve asked so many seasonals “what time are you working on thanksgiving/Black Friday?” And SO MANY answer “I actually have that day off!” What the fuck? Why do I have to work those days but SEASONALS don’t? Isn’t that the whole reason they’re hired? I’m salty lol

I love all the little teenie seasonal cashiers that get upset when they're told they have to work Black Friday and Christmas. I am so sorry.

I got my time off request back in May, as well. It still got declined but I was one of the very first ones so they gave it to me off. Then, plans changed and my family was having Thanksgiving on the 18th instead, well, talked to my ETL and HR about getting my time off switched to Nov 18(schedule wasn't out yet for at least another 3 weeks) so it all works out.

I’ve asked so many seasonals “what time are you working on thanksgiving/Black Friday?” And SO MANY answer “I actually have that day off!” What the fuck? Why do I have to work those days but SEASONALS don’t? Isn’t that the whole reason they’re hired? I’m salty lol

I'll be honest at my store we didn't schedule our awful seasonals on black Friday. We can't have them kill us when we are stressed the most. As a team member I would rather work black Friday and get the Saturday off then vice versa

I'll be honest at my store we didn't schedule our awful seasonals on black Friday. We can't have them kill us when we are stressed the most. As a team member I would rather work black Friday and get the Saturday off then vice versa
Oh I’d be so happy to work Black Friday and get a weekend day off. But I work a full shift Black Friday and then full shifts both Saturday and Sunday afterwards, help

As I was told once "They will just call out, so we don't schedule them." My response is always "Then why are they here now?"

Talk to your leadership not an internet forum if you want absolutes for your situation..

Are we done? Yes we are..

The whole point is I don't trust my leadership, they are unethical and I once trusted this forum. My leadership would lie straight to my face and not blink an eye. They recently told me it was ok for my team leaders to text me off the clock, yup lied straight to my face. I thought this forum was for information, to help our fellow team members, I see now that's not the case. I especially loved being called an idoit, dense and basically stupid. You are right we are done, put in my two weeks today wish you could've seen them beg me to change my mind. Priceless. Thanks.

The whole point is I don't trust my leadership, they are unethical and I once trusted this forum. My leadership would lie straight to my face and not blink an eye. They recently told me it was ok for my team leaders to text me off the clock, yup lied straight to my face. I thought this forum was for information, to help our fellow team members, I see now that's not the case. I especially loved being called an idoit, dense and basically stupid. You are right we are done, put in my two weeks today wish you could've seen them beg me to change my mind. Priceless. Thanks.

You asked if they could schedule you on black Thursday/Friday when it was against your availability. That was the original question, it was answered.

HR even posted said policy and you still didn't believe that. That is priceless..

ViolinPlayingSmiley.gif

You’re replaceable like the rest of us. You really think we’re going to believe you they beg you to stay? Laughable. Good you put in your two weeks. They don’t have to deal with a spoiled brat anymore.

I thought this forum was for information, to help our fellow team members, I see now that's not the case.

You asked if your leadership could schedule you against your avail & you were given likely scenarios.
When you wanted 'proof' it was posted by someone who works in HR.
They're not to blame because you didn't like the answer & a forum is hardly the place to expect an absolute.
The forum's intent is to vent, teach & share info.

Last edited:
You don't want your time and a half?

The folks here will help you the best they can.
They will usually do it honestly and won't pull any punches.
They are not drinking Spots Kool-Aid if that is what you are implying.

For anyone who knows anything about me, they can tell you I am the last person who could be accused of that and I'd tell you, they can and will schedule for Black Friday.
I got away with not being scheduled on Saturdays most of the time, for religious reasons, but sometimes I'd have to bite the bullet too.

You don't have to like the answers they give you but don't say they aren't trying to help.

Last edited:
You don't want your time and a half?

The damage it does for me personally to flip my entire schedule 12hrs opposite of what I normally do then only have 6hrs between getting off a midnight then being back at 6am which they can't do anything about. Isn't worth the money which by only working 6hrs on Thursday I make the same money if I had worked a normal shift at 8hrs.. So there are no upsides to this.. And yeah they scheduled most people only 6hrs cause we all have to be back in the morning on Friday..

Because my availability doesn't include Friday's, I didn't work it this year (same goes for last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back