Archived Question about being hired :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm new here and was just given conditional employment at my local Target. They said they would call me about the time for my orientation which is tomorrow yet I have not got a call from the drug testing place or from Target. Should I call HR and ask what time I should come in? Or should I just keep waiting and not go in at all tomorrow unless they call. Thank you :)

Did they give you the date of the orientation when they did the offer?

I would call HR today and at least leave a message if no one is there, and call again in the morning to verify if you are supposed to be there - and at what time.

They had told me I would get an email about orientation, but to ignore it and go with what they called and told me. I never did get the email. The only contact I had about my drug test was a letter from MN saying I had failed to take it in time - which wasn't true, but related to another sequence of events.

Yes they gave me date of orientation, they said tomorrow hah. They said I would get an email and to disregard the time because it says 1am. I got the email, just no phone call from them. I will try to call HR in a little bit, thank you so much for response :)

I think the email indicates that you had passed the drug and background test.

I had almost 6 weeks between offer and orientation.... so I'm not the typical, or one to know much! LOL!!

Good luck - I had orientation last week and start tomorrow. My feet are not looking forward to it! :D

Yea, if they called you in for the orientation than you passed.

Good luck.

Welcome to The Break Room

Welcome. You will just have to get used to Targets lack of communication, its kind of point of pride a this point. You will have go after any information you want or need. Remember this when you get your "training".

Thank you all for the replies. I ended up calling HR who was not in at the time, so the people on the phone chatted for awhile about what they should do hah. They eventually took my message for HR and she called the next day. I start orientation tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back