Archived question about break

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can volunteer to work through your 15. Lunches are required by state law. But since Target setup the 15min breaks for TMs and still on the clock, you are not exactly required to take them.

But your TLs can't make you work through it. I had many GSTLs that forgot to give me my 15, and they end up telling me to wait 15 minutes in the breakroom or feel out a time correction form.

The amount of 15's I have forfeited is insane. Don't worry about it, there is no big deal if you miss a 15. However, if you want a 15 and your TL forgets, make sure to remind them.

It's not a big deal.
However don't talk yourself into missing them on a regular basis.
It was a habit I got into and got in trouble for because they were looking for a reason.
Also it's cheating yourself out of time you deserve.

As of late I've been making sure to take my last 15 due to a light workload, but usually it's, "What 15?".

My old TL used to be very strict with breaks. He was the only one that cared if a TM went on break.
If I have a light workload or don't have to cover other peoples' breaks, then I take it.

This is one of those things that depends on the store. Technically you're supposed to take it, period. Failure to do so might get you in trouble.
If you skip a break, don't let other people know.

LOLOLOLOL. Sorry I am still laughing. I am sure there are some nice TL's, ETL's. etc. that actually care. But in most instances, the ends justify the means at Target. The more employees who skip breaks, the more free work they are getting. The only reason they mention or care about lunches is the pressure about compliance scores.

Unless, like Commiecorvus and others have stated, they are looking for a reason to get rid of you. Then I imagine they'd be all over it. Never mind that it is NEVER NEVER NEVER mentioned at huddle like lunches. They know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back