Question about calling off?

lokinix

Tech After Dark
Hey,

I had to call off the other day because of a bad migrain - I am still technically sesonal, even though they have said they are keeping me on.

Is it something I should be super worried about? Since October I have been working an average of 40 hours a week, picking up shifts, training in many departments, coming in when called, etc... I am hoping this one thing isn't a bad mark against me.

If you were at the hospital just give Target some documentation.
I am always weary about giving ER records, because it is very hard to redact PMI that you wouldn't want your employer to have. I know with my other job they don't need it, but then again, they aren't retail.

1 call in really shouldn't matter. If I get a call and it's just for 1 day, I'm going to be thrilled. It's all the Covid calls we dread.

Last edited:
I am always weary about giving ER records, because it is very hard to redact PMI that you wouldn't want your employer to have. I know with my other job they don't need it, but then again, they aren't retail.
I would just mark out the stuff that isn't Target's business like the diagnosis.

I asked the HR ETL when asking about using the sick time I have, they said of all people, they aren't worried about me at all and said documentation isn't required and he is happy I didn't come in under the effects of a narcotic.

I've been there, migraines can be debilitating. And don't let anyone make you think "oh it's just a headache". Incredibly painful, they make you dizzy, nauseous, etc. Worse than a common cold, even the flu I'd say

I've been there, migraines can be debilitating. And don't let anyone make you think "oh it's just a headache". Incredibly painful, they make you dizzy, nauseous, etc. Worse than a common cold, even the flu I'd say
When they get bad and none of meds work, all that gives relief is a pain med, which is why I end up in the hospital. They don't just send you home with heavy narcs. I do have some low end ones for when it gets somewhat bad.

If they already told you they're keeping you, they're not going to want to ditch you over one absence. Especially these days.

I'd be careful. I got fired because I called out twice before my 90 days. I got terminated after that. I had suspected COVID and needed the day to get rapid tests. They never removed me from the schedules for the days even though I called out and even after I provided proof of the tests.

Back