Archived Question about changing workcenters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not want to leave what I consider my favorite areas to work in the store. As it is, I work electronics, salesfloor, and flow. My current TL who has some concern of my schedule recently gave me some backroom hours after asking if I'd like to learn it this week. Of course, I said "yeah if it means I won't lose out on hours"

Well-- I have suspicions that I will be pushed into the backroom since we lost a couple backroom guys recently but I don't want to leave my comfortable schedule of salesfloor/electronics and flow to cover a decent 30-40 hours a week which provides me a safe income to continue on my growth in life. Do I have the option to say "this was only for the rest of the week to learn it, I don't want to change my schedule" or what do I do about this?

To clarify: I have had a great 25-35 hour week schedule going for almost a year now and I think this change according to how I know how inconsistent hours are for backroom are at my store are not good for me as a person who works check to check and has just recently had a stable income through working at target. This would put me back on the brink of being broke constantly again if I were to not get the consistent income I was used to for the last 10-12 months. Shit, I'd work 40 if they gave me the hours but they constantly worry about overtime. Fucking 39 hours aint cause for worry. Jesus. I'll leave at 39 if you need. -_-

Last edited:
Just because they schedule you as backroom doesn't mean you will lose your hours. Generally the more you do the better. Just let the schedule writers for the other areas know you still want them to use you.

Your TL shouldn't be writing the schedule and doesn't even have access to do so (unless it's a SrTL), so they might not even be the person directly responsible for scheduling you elsewhere. Find out who actually does your schedule and mention your concerns to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back