Archived Question about leave on disabilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's my story, I went on LOA (3 weeks) due to my lady giving birth to my baby gurl, so i used any vacation time and sick time I had. Everything has been going great, I have 4 days before I return to work, just recently my hand has been cramping up i look at some of the symptoms I been having most point to arthritis, carpal tunnel, or tendonitis. I will be seeing a doctor in a couple of days before returning to work. I'm pretty sure my doctor recommend to take some time off to rest my right hand. My question is since I have no more vacation time or sick time can I leave on disability and get paid ? and if i cant is there anything i can apply for? I really don't wanna go on leave again since I really need the hrs. to support my family..any suggestions are highly appreciated......just my luck....

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! I would contact your HR to see what your options are, because that's a tough spot to be in. I hope everything goes well for you.

Ck your benefits, hopefully you signed for short term & long term disability. Go to targetpayandbenefits.com to ck your status.
If you don't have it, march 31st is last chance to change your benefits since open enrollment ended in feb for 2012.
If you do have it, get the forms from your hr to fill out.

Benefits phone number is 800-828-5850.

Do it today!
Congrats for being a new dad!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back