Archived Question about LOA and the morality of a TM using it for non-emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work at a store that is pretty laid back in most things. I am also pretty chill and I look out for my friends at my store. I do have a friend that is more of an aqauintance because she can be pretty annoying. She is also a GSA. I just found out that she applied at a sprint store and was hired on the spot. I talked to her about applying at the sprint store because I was there that day and saw her walk out. When i teased her about her applying there she said she will be applying for LOA to try out the sprint job for the 60 days training and see if she likes it. That way if she doesnt, she can come back to target and get her GSA job back. I' sorry, but I get cheated out of so much working for target, That I dont think that is fair at all. There are other front end people that qualify for the GSA job that have worked at target longer than her that deserve it more. Me included. I want to tell my HR team lead this because I'm sure she wont be telling him the whole truth especially when she told me to keep it quiet. Alot of people at my store know they can trust me with their secrets, because I'm trustworthy and always look out for them. I don't want to betray my HR team leads trust by telling him her secret because he is my friend. I hope this doesnt sound confusing. I'm just torn up. I dont wanna lose my friend's trust but what the GSA doing is wrong. WHAT DO I DO?????

Stay out of it. You only saw her by accident. If she wanted you to know, she would have told you.

What everyone else is saying.
If anything, I would ask your GSTL or GE about eventually becomming a GSA and leaving it at that.

Last edited:
Getting involved will likely do more harm to you than good.

Target will not grant a LOA based on secondary employment. It has to be a school, illness/injury, or family matter.

It sounds like you need to stay out of the matter, let your GSA dig their own hole.

I'm not one of those people who automatically says you shouldn't rat someone out but in this case just leave it alone.
I understand how frustrating it is to think of her getting away with it but I promise she will be hoisted from her own petard.

I would stay out of it. Let the GSA get herself in trouble. but I understand how frustrating it is.

It was common for my TMs to take LOAs to go back to their home countries to visit. I had one TM say that he was going on LOA to visit family when everyone knew, including his best friend who told me directly, that he got a new job. I was frustrated knowing he wasn't' coming back because I couldn't hire to fill his spot. Guess what, LOA ended and he said he got a new job. Another ETL took LOA for personal reasons but we all knew she wasn't coming back, and she never did.

It can be frustrating seeing someone abuse something like that but she's not the only one to do it. It's probably best to stay out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back