Archived Question about maternity leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are a part time employee do they offer paid maternity leave? I would doubt it, but someone at work told me that they might and haven't been able to find much on it.

Also, does Target grant paid paternity leave? These may sound like stupid questions idk but I figure this is the best place to ask them lol.

Thanks. I was just wondering if anyone here had been through it and could give me a personal anecdote. I hear different things from different people though.

"Team members who are caring for a newborn or seriously ill family member (parent, child or spouse) are eligible for family leave. Note: Team members who deliver a baby should be placed on medical leave until released by a doctor. Leave time can be taken intermittently"

This is directly from the leave of absence page on eHR. Call HLM's number to reach the Leave and Disability team who can set it up.

Ok. As her due date approaches I'll look into it more. I want to take leave off from work when she has the baby, but probably can't take too much time off for financial reasons. I'll probably end up using some vacation hours or something.

FMLA is not paid leave, but the time off does not count against attendance. Depending upon how long you have been with the company, you may be eligible for short term disability pay with a medical leave. Both must be approved prior to taking the leave and their are some restrictions with the medical leave payments.

When I was on maternity leave recently, my leave was not paid by Target. I was a part time employee at the time.

I recently learned theres a family planning line you can call run by target you call once a trimester and they give you a $100 giftcard after the baby is born along with coupons each trimester, youd have to look on E-Hr for it, I think its alongside nurseline but not sure if its the same number, they told us about it at review time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back