Archived Question about negotiation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TargetBePurple

I am so cool ;D
so, I was offered a hard line position when I was interviewed, but when they heard I had to give 2weeks notice at my current job, they changed the offer to cashier.

My orientation is tomorrow, a week before my two weeks at my old job is up.
My question is, if they ask me to start the next day, do you think I could negotiate to get back on hardlines?

I'm going to try for it. Thanks guys!

so, I was offered a hard line position when I was interviewed, but when they heard I had to give 2weeks notice at my current job, they changed the offer to cashier.
Those two events are not related at all.

If they are now offering cashier, its because they need you as a cashier. There is nothing to negotiate.

Those two events are not related at all.

If they are now offering cashier, its because they need you as a cashier. There is nothing to negotiate.
Thanks for the info. So be it then.

Thanks for the info. So be it then.

It's very common for people to change positions after hired. I'd just express interest in being cross-trained and eventually transitioning away from being a cashier. It might not be immediate, but there's no reason they'd not let you eventually switch from cashier to some other position.

I also wouldn't quit your other job at this point...seasonal is exactly that...seasonal. In another month, you could very well get a letter thanking you for your work and wishing you well. It may lead to something more permanent...especially if they are still hiring for seasonal, but you are taking a huge risk here.

I also wouldn't quit your other job at this point...seasonal is exactly that...seasonal. In another month, you could very well get a letter thanking you for your work and wishing you well. It may lead to something more permanent...especially if they are still hiring for seasonal, but you are taking a huge risk here.
Oh, I'm quiting my other job because I'm starting school in January, regardless if I get hired at target or have to go elsewhere. But thank you for your concern :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back