Archived Question about picking up shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I worked a double because I need the extra hours.but when I was half way done I wad approached by a lod about taking a fellow cart attandant shift because he had other plans and at first I thought about it a said I all ready picked up 5 in a half hour shift at cashier later in the day so I wad like thanks but no thanks.and later he comes back with the swap shift binder to my lane.and said you only have a cashier shift so you can open carts and close cashier and work 11 am to close.I still said no so he calls every other cart attandant and they said no and I said ok I will take it as long as the cart attandant has something important to do at home and he said yes
And before me and the cart attandant left work he said thanks for picking up my shift.I asked what was so important he said they wanted me to have a hardliners shift that day.so the lod lied to me so know I have to doubles this week.can the lid do that lie to me? Please and thanks

Thanks I don't mean to be ungrateful I just don't liked being lied to I would have never taken his shift because he is going to hard lines full time so he just had to wait a werk.thanks again

In the years I have spent with Target, I have learned that, especially recently, you have to be firm in your "no"s and not to trust an ETL who's desperate to get a shift covered.

Reactions: Coo
I don't understand what the issue is. What did the LOD lie about?

Ehhh, antwan asked the ETL if the cart attendant whose shift he took had something urgent at home to deal with and the ETL said yes. When he asked the cart attendant, himself, he said that he was wanted for a hardlines shift and that's why the swap.

So, antwan asked for personal info and was lied to. The ETL really should have said that he cannot discuss personal information and let antwan ask the cart attendant, himself.

Ohhh I totally misunderstood this whole thing!!! I thought he was being picked on. It wss a hard night and i overreacted
Antwan please ignore my comments. I gave you bad advice, not the rest of TBR :eek:

I agree with @Deli Ninja you just have to let them know when you say NO it means NO. They do that a lot (mine put a guilt trip on you and give you puppy dog eyes) but at the end of the day you have a right to decline a shift and they can't do or say anything about it.

I get the guilt trip like once a week they tell me to go to tsc and I get cornered.and that's a wrap.I allways say yez .because I am going to get this promotion one day thanks guys

I am sure you will ,you have already put up with a lot of bs on this site . You have hung in there and not quit and you show up and pick up shifts and actually want to get a promotion. I am pulling for you A! Who knows , we may all end up working for you one day.

Oh i responded to the guy from Clerks about this, for some reason i thought he was the one who tagged me

I admit it was silly to use "bs" I dont like that term either. I should have said

Oh yeah. No means no. Don't let anyone talk you into s shift unless you want it. I have had cashiers ask me to take their shift because they had a family commitment or s school commitment only to find out the next day that they went to a party or s concert.
I never had a problem helping someone out if it was legit but don't lie.

There were times I had to move people around to different positions (food ave, cart attendant, service desk) because someone somewhere in the store called out and people with experience or people who were learning needed to go somewhere else.

But don't say yes to a swap or extended shift if you are going to be pissed about it because of the reason they needed you somewhere.

Chalk it up to experience and be stronger with your no next time. Always have an excuse you can use.

I even had a fake appointment put in my calendar on certain days because I knew a gstl would ask to switch if she got a late shift on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back