Archived Question about Prescription Medications

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got prescribed Zoloft and Vistaril for Anxiety and Depression. Since these are prescriptions do I need to inform an LOD/HR? I work as a Cart Attendant/Cashier and I'm being Guest Service trained soon.

No you only need to inform leadership when you are sick with certain symptoms (e.g. vomiting) according to the Health Policy you signed. No need to let them know which medication you're taking. If you have to routinely step off the floor to take meds (e.g. you're a diabetic that needs insulin) then you would need to let HR know and provide a doctor's note.

If you struggle with anxiety and it's affecting your performance definitely let HR know.

I would hope to advocate for you if a leader feels you arent servicing or helping guest to their liking.

The only times you DEFINITELY should report your prescriptions, is when you are drug tested (initially, and if you ever do again).

I have ADHD, and my medication gives a false positive for Meth, (When that was mentioned to me over the phone a week after my interview, my mind was blown.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back