Archived Question about purchasing something

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
Hey guys, quick question.

So, my mom finally has decided to get herself an Ipad. I decided that it would make the most sense to get it from Target since I work here. My dad got himself a Target Credit Card. What we were going to do is pay for the Ipad with my dad's Target Credit Card to get the 15% off and then my mom would give my dad the money in cash in return.

Is it okay to use my dad's Target Credit Card. I obviously already have his permission to use it since he's going to be at work and there's no problems with the card itself. Just curious before I go in with my mom tomorrow. She'll have the cash handy just in case something were to go wrong.

Please let me know, thanks!

You can't use your discount with someone else's Target card. I'm not sure if it goes through but it's an obvious red flag. Having your mom give you cash in the store is one too. You may get an iPad but you probably may also get a pink slip.

Using your dads CC isn't a problem, its using it and the discount. It probably depends on your HR and AP leader how they see it. We get fresh out of high school kids doing this all the time, usually for groceries and such. We usually just say knock it off. But its hard to prove since you could be paying 50% of the total back to your parents later, then it would be kinda like the "gift" deal in the employee handbook. For an Ipad they may look closer into it just because its a 500 dollar device.

But this is just in my experience at my store I don't know what "Target" would say about it.

If you are using your discount and someone else's Target card. That purchase will probably be flagged. Using your discount for anyone who is not a dependent and you are being reimbursed is against policy.

The only way around this which is still against Target discount policy would be for you to deposit the money in your account, get the Target Debit Card, make the purchase w/ discount, and say nothing.

I wouldn't do this. Completely against Target policy and i've seen many people get fired over this.

Thanks guys. Realized the smart move and just used my own debit card to pay for it and then my mom will put the cash back into my checking account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back